Moving Into Intimacy
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, students will be able to navigate the doorways and obstacles to intimacy.
- Students will have learned many movement rituals.
- Students will understand the importance, power and communication of breath.
- Students will learn how to harvest from their experiences.
- There are no requirements or prerequisites for this course.
- All sexual orientations are welcome and represented.
A Key Ingredient in a Happy Life
When we get a regular dose of intimacy, we feel sweetly connected with life and our relationships. We know a sense of trust and ease. We feel seen and our partnership feels fed with new energy. In the intimate moments, we feel grounded and at peace as our fears drift away.
Embark on a course to intimacy. See clearly the roadblocks that stop you. Know the small efforts it takes to get there. Although there is no formula, this course inspires creative new pathways. It provides insight into the mind of an intimate connection and the exciting role that the body and movement play in taking you there.
Discover inspiring new creative pathways to the intimacy you desire in your life.
Easy to Do Movement Exercises
Understand the Doorways and Barriers to Intimacy
Creating Spaces for Intimacy
Integrate Ideas into Everyday Life
Opportunities for intimacy are often close at hand but for many couples, it can be elusive. This course will give you the important key elements of physical/emotional intimacy. Whether you are exploring a new relationship or one that is decades old, the innovative movement exercises will inspire new ways of discovering your partner.
When we seek intimacy, we embark on a journey. Over time, we slowly move from one mode of consciousness into another. From the more familiar, powerful thinking/doing brain to a more easeful, relaxed mind. We also come into heightened awareness and appreciation of the sensing, feeling body.
Before diving into the movement exercises, the course begins with a series of short lectures that lay the groundwork for success in the rest of the course. These lectures explore topics like the senses, language, and breathing. At certain times, we will engage some senses and not others. We will differentiate between the use language versus sound as we move into intimacy.
Once the groundwork is laid, we then explore how best to prepare ourselves and our spaces for the journey. How to begin. How to end. How to gather and share helpful feedback. How to make the best use of the movement material to have the most fun.
The movement exercises are the heart of the course. Each section includes video of participants demonstrating the exercises. Note: the demonstrators only met the day of the filming! If they can do it, so can you! Voice over instructions will help guide you. After each exercise, a downloadable list of questions will be provided to help you speak about and learn from your experiences.
Who this course is for:
- My target students are couples of all orientations, young and old, long-term and newly formed. Couples who enjoy being physically active and/or creative are going to love this course. Couples that have a yoga practice will particularly pleased. Couples that have a solid foundation of trust, love and playful curiosity are ideal candidates for Moving Intimacy.
- Anyone interested in learning about or helping others create intimacy through movement.
Lui Gervais has been getting people moving and connecting for more than 30 years. From creatively moving first graders to creating community with high school students, Lui especially enjoys bringing physical creativity to non-dancers.
Lui has created numerous works as a solo artist and holds a Masters of Fine Arts degree in dance. In his studies, he split his focus between danced religions and Somatics, the movement practices that explore the relationship between the body and mind.
Moving Intimacy is a synthesis of art, Somatics and Lui’s mature practice of meditation, improvisation, sacred intimacy, Tantra and yoga. It has evolved over the years from a weekend workshop to a ritual/performance entitled IN TO ME/SEE with 10 dancers and life music. And now, for the first time, as an online course.