What you'll learn
- Learn our 3 Key Ideas to understanding English Tenses
- Understand how tenses are structured in English
- Learn the rules that apply to all verbs and all tenses without getting confused by irregular verbs
- Understand the main uses of verbs without getting distracted by confusing aditional ways the tenses can be used.
- Pre-Intermediate Intermediate level of English. Or B1 in the common European Framework
- If you have learnt English but get confused or are unsure about when to use tenses then this couse is for you.
Welcome to Inside English! Thanks for buying this course and supporting the English Language Club. This course is designed to help you move your English skills to the next level, and help you speak and understand English with confidence. Each module will focus on a few areas at a time, and each lesson has its own video. After watching the video lesson, you will have a short quiz to help you retain what you learned.
We created this course, Inside English, because we have noticed that the tenses are often taught as a list of rules to memorize. When you learn English that way, you quickly get overwhelmed by all the exceptions and contradictions. This is actually a terrible way to understand something, especially a language. And that’s why everyone complains about how crazy English is.
But we believe that there really is a logic to how English works. In order to find it, you just have to peel back the layers, the exceptions, the dozens of little rules. You have to focus on the basic principles of how it works. We have Three Big Ideas that are going to change the way you learn English.
Welcome to Inside English.
Who this course is for:
- Students who get confused about how tenses work in English.
- People who want to be able to speak and write in English more clearly and with more confidence.
- Students who want to build and strengthen their foundation.
- Any learners of English who wish to refresh their learning.
- Even advanced learners and native speakers may benefit by learning the logic behind what they already know instinctively
My name is Colin Munro and I live in Oxford in the UK. I have been teaching English since 2009 and since 2011 I have been making online videos to help people learn English. Over the years I have helped millions of people learn English through my YouTube channel where I regularly post videos and do Livestreams.