Innovation Leadership in Tourism Sector Organization
- No prerequisites are required
This course is developed for increasing the understanding and skills needed for effective leading of innovations in organisation. Tourism sector organisations are presented as a specific area with good-practice examples of well known leaders in this area. The course provides a critical exploration of the contemporary issues that impact upon the leadership for innovation in tourism sector organisation and to promote the development of innovative approach for leadership.
Course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
Who this course is for:
- Leaders of Tourism Sector Organisations
- Organisations that wish to be Innovative
- Persons willing to strengthen their leadership capability
- 07:22The Essence and Components of Innovation
- 11:16Leadership versus Management
- 19:07Innovation Leadership Models
- 00:50Stories of Leaders
- 8 questionsInnovation Leadership: key components and models
The project involves five partners from Lithuania (2), Sweden (1), Poland (1) and Denmark (1). The partnership is composed of the universities and a business college. The partners are supported by associated partners (biotechnology association, association of distance and e-learning as well as tourist information organisations). The project is led by the Klaipeda University from Lithuania.
The overall idea of the project is to enable the exchange of knowledge and transfer of good practice from R&D sector to practitioners in marine biotechnology, marine/coastal tourism sectors as well as to students searching for education in a given field.