Innovating amidst a COVID-19 world
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, social injustices have been on the rise across the globe. It’s clear that the status quo has been insufficient in not only managing the spread of the virus but also in mitigating the negative social effects that have been spiraling due to it.
In order to pave the way to a better post-COVID-19 world, innovations are needed to change the status quo. This is an introductory course to creating innovative solutions while taking into account the context of COVID-19. Through the course, learners will be introduced to tools and methodologies like design thinking and lean startup, in order to get an idea on how innovations are created; whilst learning about the context of COVID-19 globally.
Have a basic understanding of the Philippine context of COVID-19 when launching new social innovations.
Learn how to use startup methodologies to validate and launch innovative solutions.
Develop an innovative approach for solving problems.
Who this course is for:
- Students and young professionals interested in launching innovations amidst a COVID-19 pandemic
- 23:14Understanding the Context of COVID 19
- 06:49Introduction to Social Innovation
- 1 questionAssignment on Social Innovation
- 13:48Introduction to Design Thinking
- 2 questionsDesign Thinking Quiz
- 1 questionDiscussion prompt on Design Thinking
- 07:24Understanding the Problem you want to solve
- 2 questionsDesign thinking in practice (Case discussion)
I am a development professional passionate about social innovation, entrepreneurship, and youth engagement.
I have been designing and facilitating training and education programs for students, entrepreneurs, and corporate leaders across Asia on the topics of entrepreneurship, design, and systems thinking. I also run corporate intrapreneurship projects & social innovation and design thinking workshops for corporations and enterprises.