Design video game logos with Inkscape from zero!
What you'll learn
- Design your very own video game logos!
- Use my own and tested 5 steps logo design process and create logos that sell!
- Create an awesome app icon for your game!
- Use different styles and create logo design elements matching your game's genre!
- Create logo designs that help you stand out and make sales in game marketplaces! ie. Steam, Appstore, Google Play etc.
- Use your own logos and icons to reach out to your target group!
- Get better at Inkscape, learn the tricks of fast and effective design from a senior designer!
- You need to have basic knowledge of Inkscape
- You will need: a pencil, paper, and a computer with Inkscape installed
- A tablet or digital drawing board is optional, I myself only use a simple mouse to draw :)
Are you working on your own game? Or want to learn logo design in an structured but fun way?
This course is for you!
After creating many courses on game art design, students told me that designing a game logo is a task it s hard to undertake.
They think they lack two things: the creativity for logo design, and the technical skills to create a professional looking logo.
Creativity is not a magical thing! It is not made by unicorns, it is created during the design process! We all have ideas we just have to get them out of our heads! This is what I actually cover in the first section of the course, and how we go through all the lessons of designing various logos.
And when we have the basics, we will build those technical skills as well! I will tell you every trick I use and every button I push during the course, and show you how Inkscape will help you to create an awesome logo for your game!
And what will we create?
Here are the logos we design together:
- Logo for a racing game
- A dark horror logo
- A logical puzzle game logo
- A cute candy-cartoon logo
- A fantasy game logo with 3D looking text
- A space game logo using negative space (pun intended)
- And a grunge zombie game logo with a huge splatter of blood!
In later updates: game app icon designs and more logos on demand!
So get the course today and make your own game logo that makes your game visible and helps you sell! :)
Am I too fast? Am I too slow? Have any questions? Don't hesitate to ask, I am here to teach you logo design!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner designers who are interested in logo design and video game design
- Indie developers who are working on their own game projects and want to create their own awesome logos!
- Inkscape users, who want to learn real workflow for real projects!
I'm a graphic designer, illustrator and design teacher for more than 10 years. I create clever logos and cute illustrations, I like to inspire, share my knowledge and make people think and laugh!
I use Inkscape, an open source graphic design program in most of my design, and I was teaching this to my students too in a college in Budapest.
I am constantly sharing knowledge about design and life as a freelancer. I teach on Udemy since 2014 and work together with some of my friends now, to create better courses together by sharing my online teaching experience
Exploring new ways to create and sharing my knowledge is what I like the most - so don't be afraid to ask, I'm here to teach!.