Inkscape tutorial : Create your own designs for free
What you'll learn
- A clear understanding of the most common graphic design tools in inkscape
- You will be given an overview of design fundamentals and colour theory
- You will be given real illustrations examples
- Skills and confidence to create illustrations that could use for websites, mobiles application, t-shirts, etc
- Be able to install programs in your computer
- Desire to start designing and creating your own illustrations.
Welcome to my inkscape tutorial!
Are you a creative person?
Would you like to be able to create digital designs?
Are you creating your website, blog , or presentations and would like to create nice illustrations to support your material?
If you answered yes to any of those questions this course is for you. This course is for any absolute design beginner interested in creating their own design using vector art. In this course you will learn all fundamental tools and concepts that you need to start creating illustration. Although it is not a complete course where you learn every possible form of design, it will give you a very solid base to start, and gain the confidence and excitement to move to more advanced concepts.
The reason I created this course is that when I start learning design, I felt it was a really wide topic. Most of the tutorials I found will teach you so much theory and all possible tools in different applications so there is so much to learn that it is easy to get discouraged. After 4 years going from one tutorial to another, I realised just using the basic tools, you can actually achieve really nice results, so why not teaching that first?
What will you learn?
Create regular and custom shapes
Organise your illustration in layers
Overview of design principles and colour theory
Practice: Create simple illustrations
Using bezier curves and pencil tool
Using gradients and filters
Practice: Create two illustrations from zero
How to sell your illustrations
Why is this course different?
Relevant: I will teach what you need to get started really quickly
Practical: Examples to gain confidence
Monetise: I will show you how you can sell your illustrations
I hope you are excited about starting your Vector Design journey with Inkscape, and I am looking forward to seeing you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone that want to learn to create vector illustrations using a free graphic tool(inkscape). No previous graphic design knowledge is necessary.
I am an enthusiastic software developer having 10 years of experience working with Python and Java. I have collaborated in several projects in several companies involving web and backend development, amazon services deployments. Originally from Spain I speak English and Spanish. Back in 2008 in Spain I studied computer science.