Ink drawing for Beginners - Understanding the Basics
What you'll learn
- The student will learn the range of available pens and necessary equipment suggested both for the course and for future artwork
- The student will learn variations of hatching to indicate shadows and shapes
- The student will learn how to draw trees in a simple hatching process
- The student will learn how to draw characteristic faces using different thicknesses of line drawing
- The student will learn how to draw houses withn the landscape using different techniques
- No previous experience required
- A basic interest in learning ink pen drawing techniques
- No previous experience of drawing required
I have been a professional artist for a number of years, and in that time I have learnt some simplistic techniques that will be beneficial to your drawing, in order that you may be more successful in the creation of your art.
Drawing is an important means by which we start the journey of creating art, without first mastering the significance of drawing we cannot fulfil our potential as an artist.
The purpose of this course is to show you the basic drawing skills and techniques you will need to create your own art in ink drawing. The course will start with the fundamentals like which pens to use, which other tools may be useful to start with. We will then look at drawing techniques including hatching, shading and use of thick and thin lines.
You will be shown how to draw in perspective, a fundamental to drawings that look right.
I will provide downloads of all drawings and methods shown in the course as well as downloads of the materials recommended.
Following this course, I believe, will enable you to begin your journey of becoming a better drawer in ink, using the techniques suggested to improve your work.
This course is specifically concerned with ink drawing, and the techniques that are essential to progress to the next stage of your development.
My other course on pencil drawing for the beginner, covers a wider breadth of drawing skills to expand your knowledge of drawing principles.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners course for the introduction to using ink pens
- Beginners course for the introduction to different methods of drawing with pens
- How to draw simple shapes
- How to draw different types of lines to differentiate shadows and shapes
- The course is an introduction to drawing faces, eyes, shadows, buildings and building facades.
Previous Art Gallery owner in England.
A member of the Society of Architectural Illustrators, England, since 2005.
search for illustrator/anthonysheeran
Commissions received from McDonalds [Toronto, Canada], whilst living in Canada. Commissioned by Holiday Inn and Debenhams for a collection of ink and watercolours.An Honours degree in Literature.
Exhibited at the Bath Art Society annual exhibition, England 2019.
Selling worldwide through online shops such as Etsy : shop/SheeranStudios.
Original Artworks in many private collections internationally.