Injection Plastic Molding
What you'll learn
- This course is the distillation of years of work, study and reading
- During this course, the student will learn the principles of injection molding and how design a injection mold
- The student willl be introduced in scientific molding
- The student will learn in detail ejection system, injection system, cooling system, venting, gates and graining
- This course is valid both begginers and experts.
- The only thing necessary is the desire to learn.
This course is perfect for people who want to learn more about the plastic injection process and injection molds and expand their knowledge in an industry in high demand.
This course is also essential for those people who have been in the sector for a long time and want to consolidate concepts, discover the why of things or simply remember concepts and see the latest trends in the sector.
"Remember that everything in nature when it stagnates begins a decline"
Chapter 0: Introduction
Chapter 1: Injection Molding Process
Injection cycle stages
Influence of injection parameters
Calculation in injection process
Deffects in injection molding
Chapter 2: Scientific Molding
Chapter 3: Types of injection molds
clasficaction by feeding system
Clasification by number of plates in cavity/cores
Clasification by number of cavities
Chapter 4: Ejection system
Ejection system componts
Ejectors (pin ejector, sleeve ejector, blade ejectors)
Undercuts( slider, lifter and hydraulic movements)
Design of slider (components, calculations and recomendations)
Design of lifters (components, calculations and recomendations)
Design of Hydraulics (components, calculations and recomendations)
Double ejection systems
Cavity ejection system
How is acted the ejection system
Chapter 5: Cooling system
Calculations: cooling time
Calculations: heat transfer, coolant flow and diameter of channels
Calculations: cooling channel depth and pitch
Cooling channel lay-outs
Components in cooling channel
Temperatur control unit (TCU)
Chapter 6: Injection system
Types of injection system
Lay-out for moldings
Calculations: runner diameters.
Chapter 7: Gates
types of gates
Calculate shear rate
Standard gates and runner shu-off
Chapter 8: Venting
Deffects and locations for venting
Chapter 9: Graining
Chemical and laser graining
Who this course is for:
- People who want to enter in injection molding sector.
- People who are already working in this sector but want to deepen or review concepts and calculations
- People who have moved up in their company and operate the injection machines but do not have a solid foundation in injection molding
Let me introduce myself, I am a chemical engineer from Spain.
Although I have focused my professional career in injection plastic molding. Studying several master degrees in injection molding process and design of injection molds.
Moreover, I have worked in three of the biggest company in injection molding and I have travelled around the world, in the development and set up for new tools.
I love to help and teach people, that it is the reason why I am here.