Information Technology Essentials
What you'll learn
- You will also learn some of the history of computing and some of the emerging technologies.
- By the end of the course you will have a solid understanding major information systems concepts.
- In this course you will learn how software is developed, the basic operation of a computer and how networks function.
- You will also lean the basics of HTML and how websites operate
- This class is an entry level class and assumes no previous knowledge of Computer Science.
This course is a survey of the critical topics of Information Systems. The material covers essential areas that drive computing and information technology today. I describe these technologies in easy-to-understand terms and use practical examples to illustrate how these concepts are used in everyday IT operations.
The course contains sections that cover a survey of topics of information systems and computer science. These topics include:
A basic introduction to computer hardware and how a computer functions
An introduction to foundations concepts such as binary numbers and why they are important in computing
How software is built by industry today and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
Basics of database management systems
Cloud computing and the services that are offered by the leading vendors on the market today, such as Amazon AWS
Computer security and
The future of computing
I have designed this course for anyone who wants to learn more about the Information Technology field and is ideal for someone just getting started. Also included is a section for those individuals who desire to start a career in Information Technology and the jobs that are available. The course will give you a solid understanding of many of the concepts that drive one of the most important industries in today's world. I have also included several downloadable materials that you can use to help you along your way with this course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in information technology.
- This class is idea for an entry level Computer Science student.
Destin Learning was founded on the principle that everyone can learn and should be able to learn at their own pace. We believe learning should not be constrained by time and location.
We strive to provide the best possible methods to teach what we have learned in our years of experience in the field. The format of our teaching may not be mainstream but our methods, techniques and content are industry proven.
Our staff are all subject matter experts in their fields and have years of industry experience doing what they teach. Our team is constantly keeping up with latest and greatest technologies to provide you the best possible learning experience.