Introduction to Information Systems
What you'll learn
- Understand what information system is.
- Distinguish between Information Systems and Information Technology
- Identify The main components of information systems.
- Identify Types of Information Systems.
- Understand the system Development Lie Cycle (SDLC).
- Using Information Systems for Competitive Advantage
- No prerequisites.
This course is designed as an introductory course meant for those with little or no experience with computers or information systems. It provides you with the basic knowledge of the different elements of information systems: the building blocks that can be combined in a variety of different ways to suit particular business needs, and to build on this knowledge further.
Businesses, organizations and individuals across a spectrum of fields rely on technology to carry out their day-to-day tasks. With increasing demand for the use of technology in businesses, there is a growing need for individuals who can make the best use of Information technology. The ability to understand the various business processes and create a link between the users or customers and the technology is the primary role of the Information Systems Specialist.
Every businessperson should understand what an information system is and how it can be used to bring a competitive advantage. The advances in technology not only call for people who can work with Information Technology, but also those individuals who have a sound understanding of how organizations make use of technology to function effectively and efficiently.
In this course you will:
1. Understand what information system is.
2. Understand the differences between information systems and information technology
3. Identify The main components of information systems.
4. Identify Types of Information Systems.
5. Learn about using Information Systems for Competitive Advantage.
6. Understand the system Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Who this course is for:
- Systems analyst, Business analyst, Project manager, Information officer, Database administrator, Applications Developer
- Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge, this course is ideal way to gain a qualification in Information Systems through home study.
* Over 15 years of senior-level leadership in areas of Information systems and IT including:
-Enterprise architecture and IT Service Management.
* Managed Information Systems and IT services in Banking and Retail-Wholesale environment, spanning:
* ITIL Certified in IT service management and IT Service Operations.