Information Security Concepts and Secure Design Principles
What you'll learn
- Learn Information Security Basic Concepts
- Overview on Security concepts like Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- About SSL/TLS protocol and its detailed Handshake process
- About Cryptography, Hashing process and Digital Signatures
- Overview on Security concepts like Authentication, Authorization and Availability
- About Password Security, Access Control methods and models
- Overview on common Security Attacks like Denial Of Service, Man-in-the-Middle etc
- Overview on Security Design Principles, required to be ensured for secure Software Development and Network Architecture.
- Student must know how to atleast use a Computer System and make use of Internet :)
About Course and its Structure
Welcome to Hack2Secure Information Security Concepts and Secure Design Principle Course. So, as the name suggest, we will be looking here for some of the basic concepts laying foundation for any Secure system.
Course well cover information security concepts and related domain. A must have for beginners to build foundation on Security. -- Jaren Kennedy
Under short but precise multiple video lectures, we will talk about some of information security concepts like Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Authentication, Authorization, Accountability, Cryptography, SSL/TLS protocols, Hashing, Digital Signatures, Password Security, Access Control mechanism and many more. List doesn't end here, we will also learn some of the popular security attack types impacting these security concepts like Denial of Service, Spoofing, Man-in-the-Middle etc.
We will also walk through some of the security design principles which one needs to ensure while designing any Software or System architecture. These principles concentrates on architectural structures, whether hardware or software, that are required to Support Information protection. Overview on concepts like Least Privilege, Separation of Duties, Defense in Depth, Least Common Mechanism, Securing the weakest link and many more alike will be discussed as part of same.
This training will create a strong foundation for basic security concepts and methodologies. It doesn't only covers brief, it cover the real world realm of security concept. The explanation of topics are very close to our day-in-out life surrounding. The contents well organized and explained. Each Quiz questions will refresh and clear your understanding of topic. The pictorial way of explanation helps to visualize the concept easily. I strongly recommend this training to not only to newbies but also it will be great addition for security professionals who wants to brush up their fundamentals.
-- Senior Security Engineer, Devendra Durgapal
Why take this course:
In current world, ensuring Information Security is one of the mandatory requirement. It doesn't matter, if you are an Administrator managing a single System or a complete Infrastructure, Tester or a Developer involved in product development or delivery to customer or anyone using internet for his personal purpose. This course talk about importance of ensuring Security and impacts of same, if it is not addressed properly.
This course is very well presented and is good for both Professionals and students looking to update their Information Security skills. The modules are packed with lots of information. -- Lacie Evans
The course is simple and easy to understand as it has examples to clarify the concepts. I would definitely recommend this course !!! -- IT Manager, Sujata Sridhar
Who this course is for:
- This course provides overview on Information Security concepts, so is suited for anyone who wants to learn Information security from Scratch.
- This course provides foundation step for IT security and is suited for IT professionals across the domains, Network Administrators, Developers, QA engineers and of course Security Professionals.
- This course can also be used by Students from Management background, it provides them overview on basic security terminology, best practices and process overflow of different Security concepts
- No prior programming knowledge is required.
Hack2Secure is an expert team of Certified Information Security Professionals, who have years of experience in the exciting field of IT Security. We believe and understand the needs of today's IT professionals and is best positioned to offer world class Security Training & Professional Services in Information Security.
Hack2Secure is one of the few companies who offer wide range of theoretical and practical security training programs that can help a diverse group of people, from College Students to Corporate Professionals. We believe in knowledge sharing and transfer. Our experienced trainers will provide you the required knowledge of tools, techniques and resources along with guidance, so that you could be at the forefront of a vital and rapidly changing IT industry.