Infection control and prevention (home study course)
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Upon completing this course students will have a broad knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of infeciton control and prevention.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the importance of basic hygien and hand washing practices to reduce and prevent the spread of infection in health care settings.
- Students will have an understanding of UK legistaltion and regulations around infection control and prevention in the health care setting.
- Students require a reasonable understanding of English but this course can support those students whose first language is not English, but this course is not a course in English language skills.
- Students require computer equipment, internet access and time to research suggested links.
Working in the health care setting brings a great deal of responsibility for the care of others. This responsibility includes ensuring that you practice your role in accordance with accepted methods. An element of practice is infection control and prevention which aims to protect patients and residents from harms that can arise from poor hygiene practices. Here the old adage prevention is better than cure rings true.
Did you know that in 2019, globally, some 700,000 people died from anti-biotic resistant infections, a further 200,000 people died in the UK in 2019 from Norovirus. The prevention of these infections is simple, easy and effective the primary problem is over prescribing of anti-biotics and poor hygiene practices!
Infection control and prevention is a mandatory training element for all health carers. The aim is to protect yourself, colleagues and those people receiving care service.
This course provides a broad foundation in the subject of infection control and prevention.
Legislation and regulations that underpin the control and prevention of the spread of infection is covered.
This course teaches the student about pathogens, modes and routes of infection, the immune system in brief, legal and regulatory aspects, here in the UK, underpinning your personal duty of care, and actions to take to reduce contamination and cross-contamination.
We also check into the issue of consent around personal care provided to patients or those who are resident in care home.
This course is research and evidence based and students are encouraged to conduct further reading and research in this subject area. This course is of value to students who are looking to work in the health care sector, who may already work in the healthcare sector or who care for family and loved ones who are not necessarily ill but who they want to promote a healthier living environment.
This course is delivered in recorded voice over images, demonstration videos and a pdf course manual.
There is a Q and A platform for students to post questions and share anecdotes but always with privacy, respect, dignity and confidentiality in mind.
Students receive life time access to all the course materials and so when there are any changes in this subject area the course will change too and be updated with new information.
- Students who will benefit from this course are those who work in the health care sector, students who are looking to enter the health care sector as employees, and those who are at home carers who are looking after loved ones.