Infant Massage Course with Babystrokes Infant/Child Massage
What you'll learn
- Understand the many benefits of infant massage for you and your baby
- Understand infant states and cues to enhance communication with your baby
- Learn what oils are recommended for infant massage and what oils to avoid
- Learn how to prepare for massage time with your baby
- Learn full body massage strokes and techniques you can use with your baby
- Learn specific massage strokes and techniques to help with teething pains, gas, colic and constipation
- Review of touch alternatives, swaddling and alterntives to swaddling
- This course is suitable for both expectant parents and grandparents and those with newborns and older babies.
- If you choose to try some of the strokes with your baby you will need a mat, towel, blanket for your baby to lie on.
- You will need an edible oil such as coconut, sunflower or other oil of choice
- Make sure the room temperature is comfortable
This course is designed to teach the basics of infant massage to expectant or new parents and to those parents with older babies. The course may be helpful for grandparents and close family members who care for the baby. Older siblings might enjoy watching and could practice strokes on their own toy /doll / teddy.
The course is also for those foster and adoptive familes with babies as infant massage is a lovely way to help facilitiate bonding and connection.
Teen Parents looking for ways to bond and connect and learn about their newborn may benefit from the course.
Professionals such as Nurses, Nannies, Infant / Toddler Teachers, Doulas, Midwives and Speech Therapists, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists who care for infants might find the course of interest.
Infant Massage is so beneficial for both caregivers and babies. It is also very beneficial for those babies who may have special needs
The course is divided into 26 short videos and also includes some resource materials such as downlodable handouts and a short video.
The primary course topic is Infant Massage. This course covers benefits of infant massage, infant cues, crying, where to offer massage, preparing for massage, Head to Toe massage strokes and techniques, baby excercises and the bonus videos address swaddling and swaddling alternatives.
The Instructor is availabe to anyone who purchases the course should they have questions or need clarification.
Who this course is for:
- This couse is for expectant parents and grandparents
- This course is for parents and grandparents with newborn and older babies
- This course is for caregivers or professionals working with babies who are interested in learning about infant massage
Melanie is a Registered Nurse (RN), a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI 1 & 2) and a Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist ( CPMT). Melanie received her CIMI certification through the International Association of Infant Massage in 2001. She updated her skills in January 2014 and received her CIMI2 Certification through “WINC Without Borders” (World Institute for Nurturing Communication)
Melanie has over 25 years experience in Pediatric and Neonatal Nursing and has worked as a prenatal parent and RN educator for Seton /Ascension Health teaching Infant Massage.
Melanie also teaches Professional classes for Nurses, Doulas, Nannies, Teachers and Therapists.