Industrial Engineering and Productivity
What you'll learn
- You would learn the scope and objectives of Industrial Engineering.
- You will learn the basic concepts of Industrial Engineering and Productivity and the factors influencing Productivity.
- You will understand the Roles and Responsibilities of an Industrial Engineer and his requisite skill set.
- You would learn the Methods Study and Time Study techniques of working on the shop floor and the ways to improve the methods and processes.
- You would learn the methodology of Plant Location and Plant Layout.
- You would know the concept and practices of Assembly Line Balancing.
- You would learn the basics of Ergonomics and Ergonomic design tools.
- You would understand Networking in Project Schedule Monitoring and would learn how to create a PERT Chart and how to determine the critical path.
- You would know what Operations Research is and how to solve Linear Programming problems.
- You would learn the objectives and the concept of Enterprise Resource Planninge Planning.
- Preferably should have working knowledge in a plant or business and a basic knowledge of Engineering.
Industrial Engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of men, materials and equipment. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from such a system.
Industrial engineering is an engineering profession that is concerned with the optimization of complex processes, systems, or organizations. Industrial engineering is central to manufacturing operations.
Industrial engineers design, create, test and assess various ways of managing industrial production processes. Their main goal is to discover new ways of making these processes more efficient ad they do that by implementing systems that integrate all production components of a product or a service, like workers, machinery, raw materials, energy and information.
Industrial engineers need a diverse skill set, including a unique combination of theoretical and practical knowledge, to improve efficiency in production processes. For example, they must analyze supply chains and other process flows, confer with clients and customers to learn more about their needs and specifications, and educate workers on new policies or technologies.
Some of the most common industrial engineering tasks are:
Discovering new ways to improve the efficiency of manufacturing processes and service delivery
Fixing Standard-Times and Production Norms
Designing Plant Layout
Designing Material Handling Equipment
Taking care of Ergonomic factors
Project Networking like PERT
Enterprise Resource Planning
Who this course is for:
- Students pursuing course in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research. Practicing Industrial Engineers and those aspiring to work for improvement in the organization. Engineers looking for better career options. Production Managers, Maintenance Managers as well as senior executives like GM and even CEOs for refreshing their concepts.
Mr M P Tyagi has been a top management professional with a brilliant academic carrier. He has worked in the corporate sector for more than 40 years. He has worked in top reputed companies of India in very senior positions, which were mostly brand leaders. He has worked in large manufacturing organizations and has in-depth experience of working in the field of Quality. He retired as Executive Director of a reputed Multi-National Company. He is now taking advisory and consultancy assignments in organizations in the field of Quality and general management.
1. B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
2. M.Tech. (Industrial Engineering); I.I.T, Delhi, a world-class institution. Topped in the class.
1. Worked as Management Representative when ISO 9001 was implemented in his company.
2. Past President of Management Association.
3. Past President of the regional chapter of Indian Rubber Institute.
4. Was awarded by the Rotary Club for his Managerial Excellence.
5. Worked as Guest faculty in reputed Management Institutions in Quality Management and TQM.
6. He has written a number of papers in reputed Indian and international journals.
7. He has also started his own YouTube channel ‘MP Tyagi - Experience speaks’, where a number of videos have already been published focusing on professional growth.
8. Currently, he is coming out with a series of videos on Management topics based on his real-life experiences.
9. He had the good fortune of meeting and interacting with Quality Guru Philip Crosby personally.