Industrial Energy Management
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Overview of the global energy profile
- The GHG abatement cost curve and its applicability
- Distinguish between Demand Side Management (DSM) and Demand Response (DR)
- Study different industrial applications and propose demand responses
- The difference between financial and economic analysis.
- Basic financial indicators and their impacts
- Calculate the lifecycle cost of an energy converting equipment/ system
- Conduct profitability analyses for energy related projects
- Evaluate the feasibility of energy related projects based on financial analyses
- Fundamentals of energy accounting
- Importance of energy monitoring and reporting in industrial environments
- Identify independent and dependent parameters for a specific industry that are essential for effective energy accounting system
- Define (Key Performance Indicators) KPIs for Energy Consumption
- Engineering Background is an added advantage
Industrial Energy Management - Part 01 is targeted at students seeking to develop the requisite knowledge and skills for diagnosing and analyzing the energy efficiency of equipment and services at the demand-side. One of the key objectives of this lesson is to build effective energy managers for the industry. Learners are given the theoretical and practical knowledge required for this transformation.
- Energy Managers
- Engineering undergraduates (bachelors students)
- Engineering graduates (Masters students)
This video lecture provides an overview of the current global challenges on climate change, as well as an introduction to the global energy profile and demand side management. Key takeaway of this lesson is that climate change originated primarily due to industrialization, and hence, the industrial sector should lead the battle against climate change.
This video lecture gives a brief introduction to the GHG abatement cost curve. One of the key takeaways of this lesson is to help students understand that there is a vast potential for GHG reductions, which could be achieved by means of efficiency improvements, in both domestic and industrial sectors. Further, the lecture explains how the GHG abatement cost curve can be interpreted.
Video lecture provides an overview of how energy accounting is performed in an industrial environment.
Key objective of this presentation is to help learners understand how energy benchmarking is done using actual data in an industrial environment. Knowledge acquired here can be used to define KPIs for different industrial segments later
This video lecture provides an overview of the concept- "Life-cycle Analysis". Key takeaway of this lesson is that Life-cycle costing is an essential approach when evaluating energy related projects and a "must have" skill for any professional working in the field of energy engineering
Video lecture gives a brief introduction to Project Economics.
Key takeaway of this lesson is to help students understand that there are different indicators to reflect the financial viability of a project such as simple payback, project internal rate of return, net present value and return on investment