Industrial Cyber Security Controls from IEC62443 for ICS/OT
What you'll learn
- Details of IEC 62443 standard
- Authentication and Authorization controls
- Cybersecurity Controls for ICS/OT
- Controls: DFA, Firewalls, VPN, PKI
- Controls: Password, Biometric, Token
- Zones, Conduits and Security Levels
- Foundational requirements
- Log management
- High/Low level Risk assessment
- Industrial use case for SL1-SL3
- Basic industrial knowledge of DCS/SCADA/PLC
- No programming knowledge required
- Basic understanding of ICS/OT environment
- Prior experience required in ICS
- Architecture awareness of OT systems
***************LEARN IEC 62443 STANDARDS AND TECHNICAL REFRENCES**************
IEC 62443 standard is for critical infrastructures like Power plants, Oil & Gas industry, Wind power, Manufacturing, Food processing, etc. Most industries are now implementing these measures and mitigating risks.
This course is a theoretical course as it is explaining requirements from standards so please do not expect hands-on practical. For hands-on register to another course "OT/IACS-SOC/SIEM Design and Implementation in Azure".
ICS systems comprise SCADA, DCS, PLC, and many more proprietary systems and protocols. Designing a cybersecurity solution for these systems need the understanding of both OT-related applications and IT-related controls which can fit into these environments.
In this course, we will learn
About 62443 standards and technical references
Technical controls from 62443-3-1 can be implemented in the ICS environment.
Probable weakness, and what does industry assessment for cybersecurity controls
Risk assessment based on 62443-3-2 for high-level and detailed risk assessment.
Foundational requirements with use cases from 62443-3-3 and 62443-4-2
General explanation about 62443-2-1 and 2-4
Industry uses case for zoning, segmentation from 62443-3-2
The use case for security level upgrade from SL1 to SL2 to SL3
These are based on guidelines hence in the upcoming courses learner will understand the required cybersecurity controls for critical infrastructure. This is a continuous improvement course so you can ask me a topic and I will add or upgrade it.
*This course is most affordable course on internet with wide coverage and simplified explanation.
Who this course is for:
- Control engineers, integrators, and architects who design or implement OT systems
- System administrators, engineers, and other information technology (IT) professionals who administer, patch, or secure OT systems
- Security consultants who perform security assessments and penetration testing of OT systems
- Cybersecurity managers who are responsible for OT systems
- Vendors that are developing products that will be deployed as part of an OT system
Sourabh has over a decade of experience in OT/ICS and ICS cybersecurity with elite companies like JPL, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Capgemini. He has implemented mega cybersecurity projects in Industrial Control Systems system and been a continuous practitioner of 62443 standards, NIST 800-82 and MITRE frameworks.
Lets join hands to understand ICS cybersecurity and safeguard these critical infrastructures.
He holds Bachelors in Technology degree in Control and Instrumentation followed by Post graduate in Management. He loves teaching and is passionate about spreading awareness on ICS cybersecurity.