Lavani (Marathi Folk dance - "Apsara Ali") for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Lavani (Indian Marathi Dance) Fundamentals - Footwork, Dipping, Sitting, Fast movements and Finishing Steps
- A beautiful Bollywood original Lavani Marathi Choreography for the song - "Apsara Ali" - a Masterpiece by "Natrang"
- Prepare your body for the Basic rhythm patterns and coordination needed for any dance
- Help you experience the joy of dancing
- Confidence to go up there and perform! :)
- Just come with lots of excitement and energy, nothing else is required! :)
This course is created with an intent of having everyone to taste the pleasure of Dance, without any prior knowledge or experience with any of dance forms. Over the lessons in this course, we will embark on a journey where we will learn:
A beautiful Lavani original choreography for the song "Apsara Ali - A Masterpiece from Natrang", which has earned the "Best Choreography Award"
Introduction to Lavani - A Marathi Indian Dance form
Prepping our body for the style of Lavani: Basic steps to build the Rhythm and Coordination in the body
I am also including a special module on "How to dress-up for a Lavani Performance."
By the end of this course (within a few weeks), you will be able to learn and skillfully perform a beautiful Lavani Dance! And having learnt basics of Lavani through this course, you will be ready to move forward with more intricate Lavani and other dance choreographies.
There are many Bollywood songs based upon Lavani. e.g.
Pinga from the movie "Bajirao Mastani"
Aika Dajiba - Album song
Apsara Ali - from the movie "Natrang"
and many more. Once you finish the course, you will be able to pick up any Lavani choreography easily.
If you want to learn the Basics of Lavani, then do check out my course: "Bollywood Lavani (Indian Marathi Dance form) for Beginners"
So let's begin! :)
P.S: Please do check out my other courses on Udemy
Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) for Beginners - Level 1
Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) for Beginners - Level 2
Bollywood (Bahubali) Indian Dance choreographies
Bollywood Lavani (Indian Marathi Dance form) for Beginners
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who have never danced before
- People who want to learn a simple, fun and graceful Bollywood Lavani choreography
- People who already know a dance form, but want to learn a indian dance form.
Hi Everyone, i am Pavithrra Venkatraman.
I am a trained Bharatanatyam Dancer/Performer/Choreographer. I have learnt and practiced Bharatanatyam for over a decade. My guru is Dr. M. S. Sarala who is a direct disciple of the Bharatanatyam icon Dr. Padma Subramanium. After learning Bharatanatyam for many years, I then completed a Diploma course in Bharatanatyam from the renowned Alagappa University Arts Department. I am currently learning Kathak from SIFAS Singapore to widen my dance styles.
I am passionate about dancing and I started dancing at the age of 4. My dance styles also ranges from classical to Bollywood and contemporary. I am also passionate about teaching. I am also a professional Yoga Trainer. Practicing Yoga really helps me in my dance.
By profession, i am also an engineer working in Artificial Intelligence domain.
I am also a Youtuber, and you can check my other dance performances at my channel "Pavithrra Venkatraman".