InDesign CC Essentials for Beginners - Basics & Tricks
- Adobe Indesign (& preferably Photoshop & Illustrator) (No prior Knowledge is needed)
Learn Adobe Indesign Essentials & basics in one single Project!
(Practical minimal clean real-world brochure design)
What you will learn in this course?
- Familiarize with InDesign.
- Indesign Templates, how to get free templates & how to use them for different measurement systems (A4 sizes or US letter size for example)
- Creating Documents in Indesign while understanding Bleed & Margin.
- How to present your Indesign designs using free mock-ups for best client presentation.
- Placing Graphics & design elements from Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Integrating Indesign with Photoshop & Illustrator to design strong solid graphic designs
- Using CC Libraries for maximum adobe's design applications integration.
- Handling Frames in Indesign & understanding their Concept.
- Handling Colors, Palettes & Swatches to meet the CMYK technical Printing aspect.
- Handling Text, Text Frames, Paragraph styles & Text Styles.
- Creating Precise Grid Systems to follow like Rule of Thirds or Golden ratio while maintaining our measurements using rules & X, Y coordinates.
-How to create a strong Minimal design while Managing Positive & Negative Space to achieve an Aesthetic & beautiful design.
- Dealing with Indesign Pages & Handling covers & Spreads.
- Preflight checks for final export.
- Exporting Designs from Indesign & creating Packages while considering the Printing Technicals for CMYK.
The Instructor is What Makes the course so special, Right?
Khalil Ibrahim is a Chief designer who promoted to that title after working in many international advertising agencies with experience over 15 years in the design field and using Adobe Photoshop. Besides traveling around the world learning about different Design Schools, Trends & Art Directions. and who really cared to not only make sure you understand Photoshop's tools, technicals & concepts but Also to really learn it in a creative way and to use it Artistically like a Creative professional.
Let's start that amazing journey together!
Who this course is for:
- Graphic designers (Any level)
- Anyone who would like to design a cool brochure, portfolio, magazine, books or any editorial design
- Graphic designers who want to learn how to create a precise grid system for their professional design projects
- 00:24InDesign Essentials & Basics Promo
- 00:33A quick glimpse about me: Khalil Ibrahim
- 00:21Course Resources
Khalil Ibrahim, aka "Abraham", Studied Arts, Advertising & Graphic design in the faculty of Applied Arts Helwan University.
Then worked as a designer & got promoted to be a Chief design officer in International Advertising Agencies like DDB, TBWA & Sahara Petroleum Services. in many countries.
Then switched to freelancing while working in the Aviation field to pursue his passion for Flying & to travel the world (check Instagram for interesting photos) while learning about different Art directions, Trends & design schools. Also getting a great experience from seeing different cultures.
Currently running Design Academy Online & Teaching over 200k international students from more than 171 countries Design & Art in a creative & professional way.