Learn Adobe InDesign: Design a Magazine and More in InDesign
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Design professional publications such as magazines by using InDesign
- Apply editorial design principles to publications in InDesign
- Use InDesign's various functions and tools to create publications and other promotional material
- Produce a magazine and brochure in InDesign
- Students must have access to InDesign, including a free trial or through the Creative Cloud subscription. Previous versions are fine for most lectures.
Create magazines, brochures, and more in InDesign!
Learn InDesign, the world's industry-standard publication layout program, to create flyers, posters, advertisements, and online magazines. Create magazines to share online or sell online through Apple. Create books to sell on Amazon. There are so many possibilities!
Enroll now and learn how to
place and format text in InDesign
place and format images in InDesign
add character and paragraph styles in InDesign
flow text across pages on along a path in InDesign
use libraries and snippets in InDesign
apply color themes in InDesign
draw and adjust shapes in InDesign
add custom corners in InDesign
work with layers in InDesign to select objects
apply master pages in InDesign
package, save, export, and print files in InDesign
apply editorial design principles such as proximity, alignment, contrast, and repetition in magazines and brochures
design and produce a professional magazine in InDesign
design and produce a professional brochure in InDesign
do much more in InDesign
Enroll to get access to exclusive lessons and follow-along tutorials as well as helpful, printable PDF handouts and discussion board access for peer critiques and feedback. Let's get started creating and designing in InDesign!
Learn InDesign from Chad Neuman, who has the relevant experience in the field:
Managing editor at two graphic design magazines
Advertising layout specialist and webmaster at a regional newspaper
Internet development director at an advertising design firm
Freelance graphic designer for 20 years
Current full-time university professor and freelance graphic designer
and relevant education:
BA in Communication
MA in Journalism and Media Studies
PhD in Communication
- Anyone interested in learning InDesign, the industry-standard layout and publication software should take this course
- Anyone wanting to create professional publications using InDesign should take this course
- Someone who is already an expert in InDesign and editorial design does not need the majority of this course
In this lesson, you will learn how to effectively place and resize images in InDesign.
In this lesson, you will learn how to effectively place and flow text in InDesign.
In this lesson, you will learn how to create and apply master pages in InDesign.
We will combine two techniques in a magazine design context in this lesson. First, we will add masking to a Photoshop file and add a layer style. Then, we will place the PSD file into InDesign using import options to toggle the layer visibility. Then we will wrap text around the custom shaped photo. This is a fun and useful technique in editorial design.