Increasing Emotional Intelligence
What you'll learn
- Recognize the importance of increasing emotional intelligence to success.
- Identify the characteristics of emotional and intellectual intelligence.
- Apply constructive thinking to experiences.
- Differentiate between the characteristics of the rational and experiential minds.
- Recognize the benefits of constructive thinking.
- Identify the characteristics of how high achievers think.
- Identify the ways to apply constructive thinking at work.
- Identify how thought processes produce emotions.
- Recognize the value of understanding where emotional intelligence comes from.
- Identify the reasons that belief systems develop.
- Identify ways that constructive thinking changes.
- Select coping skills often displayed by those who survive deprived environments.
- Recognize the value of improving emotional intelligence.
- Sequence the chain of events that takes place between an event and a behavioral response.
- Identify the key areas of appraisal in judging the constructiveness or destructiveness of a reaction.
- Identify the three approaches for improving constructive thinking.
- No special prerequisites for this course.
The Increasing Emotional Intelligence course is the fourth of five included in the Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
Are the most successful people "intellectuals"? Or do they have a different kind of brainpower that helps them excel in the workplace? How can you increase your "people smarts"?
First, you'll need a strong understanding of emotional intelligence. Then, you will need to understand how and what you need to improve.
In this course, you'll examine:
how emotional and intellectual intelligence differ,
why emotional intelligence matters at work,
where emotional intelligence comes from, and
how to improve your emotional intelligence.
In today's workplace, you need emotional intelligence to get along with others. The "stars" around you outshine others because of their ability to use their emotions effectively.
Most people believe that emotions are automatic responses over which they have no control. Actually, emotions are determined by what you think.
There are concrete techniques to help you gain control of your feelings. In this course, you'll gain the skills needed to increase your emotional intelligence.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders will benefit from this course.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.