In-App Purchasing with iOS 7- Consumable and Non-Consumables
- Basic understanding of Xcode is preferred but not required.
If you want a step-by-step understanding of how to create an InAppManager and InAppObserver class, this is the course for you!
If you don't care about creating those classes from scratch and just want to jumpstart into using in-app purchases, this is ALSO the course for you. You're welcome to skip ahead to the Quick Start guide (and copy our InAppManager and InAppObserver classes). You can begin testing purchases or creating an in-game money system within an hour.
Included with the tutorial movies are two source projects, one uses the Sprite Kit template and another uses the starting template for Single View Application. These projects alone make for a valuable reference, but you'll get three hours of tutorials explaining every detail! The source projects have been added to the final movie in the Supplemental Materials tab.
- Any iOS Developer
- iTunes Connect Setup (viewable first or second)09:14
- Provisioning Profiles (viewable first or second)06:30
- Creating an iTunes Connect Test User01:58
- Initial Xcode Setup05:13
- Two Paths from here: Quick Start or Write the In-App Purchasing from Scratch01:09
- Initializing the InAppManager Class19:38
- Requesting Product Data (Test on Your Device)13:50
- The InAppObserver Class12:49
- The Buy Products and Provide Content Methods19:52
- Failed and Restored Transactions06:43
- Adding the (pre-written) InAppManager and InAppObserver Classes to your project08:00
- Adding More Product ID's to Purchase08:52
- Adding UIButtons to Purchase and Getting NSNotification feedback20:52
- Setting Different Button Values for the iPhone and iPad07:40
- Using a UIView for the UIButtons (instead of a Sprite Kit Scene)09:32
- Creating an In-Game Monetary System for Consumable Purchases21:27
- Don't Forget the Restore Button (I almost did!)01:36
- The Source Projects00:54
Justin Dike is the founder of CartoonSmart one of the internet's first video training websites. He is a long-time illustrator and animator, focusing mostly on Adobe Flash, and experienced programmer with Swift, Sprite Kit, Actionscript 3, Objective C and Cocos2d. For CartoonSmart he has recorded hundreds of hours of video tutorials and recently published his first full length book titled iOS Programming with Xcode and Cocos2d available in the iBookstore. Justin has also developed many iOS games, including a side scrolling game engine.