Improve Your Reading Speed and Comprehension
What you'll learn
- Increase reading speed
- Improve reading comprehension
- Remember information for longer periods of time
- Have a deeper, more complex understanding of reading material
- Learn a specific reading method
- Must be willing to try basic techniques and be patient
- The techniques will only work if used and practised.
The Improve Your Reading Speed and Comprehension course will help you become a better reader.
When reading for pleasure, you will remember more of the material and engage with it in a deeper way.
When reading for academic purposes, you will retain more information for quizzes, tests, and exams. Also, you will have better access to the material for essay writing, book reports, speeches, and so on.
Being able to read is one thing - being able to read well and comprehend what your read is another!
Also, increasing your reading speed without losing the essential reading comprehension piece will bring you many rewards no matter what kind of reading you are doing.
Please, come and be willing to engage yourself, and you will reap the benefits of improved reading!
Who this course is for:
- Any person who wishes to increase his or her reading speed while also improving comprehension.
- Students who want to increase their enjoyment of reading.
- Not for students who simply want to "read fast and get it over with." This is not the course for you.
I have owned and operated L.T.L. Tutoring Central since 1996, providing private tutoring services to students of all ages and skill levels.
My online courses have received many compliments and positive testimonials as well.
I have presented video lessons for various organizations and groups and taught individual lessons to students from around the world - often setting up programs specific to their needs.
Also, I created and delivered an ESL/EFL program for scientists and technicians at the Guelph division of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
My primary focus is on English, math, and study skills- helping students learn how to learn.
I am an Honours Bachelor of Arts graduate with distinction from the University of Guelph in English/psychology - completing 62 courses, many in the field of education including philosophy of education and psychology of education.