Improve your Fiction Writing and Finish More Stories
What you'll learn
- Be able to bring a story from initial idea to completion more smoothly
- Understand character development and be able to turn a blank-slate character into a dynamic, fleshed-out character
- Know the 6 techniques to raise tension and suspense in a story
- Know the 7 qualifications for a good story ending
- Know the 3 ways to spice up scenes
- Know the 6 ways to make characters more interesting and relatable
- Have a better understanding of plot structure
- Understand how to find the best place to begin a story
- Nothing needed! However, if you have a work of fiction you are brainstorming/writing, that is a plus.
Have you always felt you had a book or story inside your mind? Or perhaps you are already a writer, but looking to improve your process.
You’re who this course is for.
This course is set up to take you through the process of writing a work of fiction of any length, all through a series of short videos. We’ll start with the first step—idea generation—and go all the way through to revisions. I even included a video on working with beta readers, which is the step after that.
You will learn:
6 ways of adding tension to a story,
2 things to always do when working with beta readers
6 ways of making characters interesting
Tips for doing research
7 qualifications for a good ending
and much more, including, dialogue, and plot. In addition, I have an exercise on turning the most blank-slate character you can think of into a well-rounded, fleshed-out inhabitant of your story.
The course can be taken in order or you are free to jump around as you please. At the end, you’ll be able to refine your fiction writing so you can write much more smoothly, more quickly and with more intensity. That means you'll be cranking out more and better stories in less time!
Don't forget--30-day guarantee if you aren't 100% satisfied! You have nothing to lose!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who thinks they have a story or novel inside them
- This course is for writers with a moderate level of experience wanting to improve their skills
- This course is also for beginning writers
Stephanie Chichester writes fantasy, science fiction, and children's books under the name Stephanie Void. She also has a YouTube channel where she offers tips and advice to other writers. In addition, she teaches writing at a local school.
Stephanie spent most of her childhood indoors reading, since going outside meant the sun might kill her. Some of her favorite authors are Edgar Rice Burroughs, J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert Jordan, Patrick O'Brian, and Madeleine L'Engle. All this reading made her want to write stories herself, so she did.
When she isn't writing, she might be doing one of these other things: oil painting, graphic design, photography, singing, perfecting her Gollum voice for everyone's amusement, or enjoying nature.
Once somebody thought it was a good idea to give her a black belt and a teaching license in Shindoryu Aikijutsu.
She's from New Orleans, Louisiana but moved up to Boston to eat snow.
Running from Secrets
Halfway (Wizards and Faeries Book 1)
Wanderer's Shadow (Wizards and Faeries Book 2)
Across the Universe with a Giant Housecat
Her Short Stories:
"Music of the Spheres"
"Formula for a Galactic Conquest"
Our Summer Garden (children's book)