Immigration! Applying for a "U.S Family Based Green Card"
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to launch a "Green Card" application for a spouse, parent, brother, sister, biological child, adoptive child or a step child.
- Required supporting documents needed for U.S citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents to prove the merits of their case.
- You will be able to accurately complete the recently revised Form I-130 and/or Form I-130A (Green Card Application).
- Tips to prevent delay in the processing time.
- Immigation fees associated with processing the 2018 (I-130) application.
- Understanding of commonly used immigration terminology.
- If you accurately complete the forms and provide the required supporting documents; your application should be approved.
- How to prepare for the next step after your application has been approved.
- Locating and identifying the required forms.
- Students must have basic computer skills, access to a computer device, printer, note book, and a pen or pencil.
This course is designed to assist anyone who is interested in filing for a Green Card for a family member that is LIVING OUTSIDE the United States. The information provided is intended to give an overview of the procedure and process of filing for a "Family Based Green Card "(Petition for Alien Relative), as granted by the United States Immigration. Disclosed are detailed instructions regarding how to apply for a Green Card on your own and hopefully avoid paying an expensive Immigration Attorney. If you the (petitioner) and the alien relative (beneficiary) have no prior criminal offense or immigration violations, this course will save you thousands of dollars in attorneys' fees. Hiring an attorney does not expedite the processing time. The processing time for any immigration filing is the same with or without an attorney because the timeline is set forth by Immigration Processing Center.
At the completion of this course, you would have gained the knowledge and confidence needed to successfully file for a "Family Based Green Card" without the assistance of an attorney. This course will teach you how to complete all required forms, which supporting documents are needed, immigration filing fees, how to apply for an Immigrant Visa, preparing for the interview, securing a Social Security Card for work authorization, and when to renew the "Green Card".
When my parents expressed their interest in joining me in the U.S to live permanently; I was instantly overwhelmed! Not about the thought of them coming to live with me, but the thought of how I will manage the immigration process. Why would I be so overwhelmed? After all, that is why we have Immigration Attorneys! Well, as you may have already realized that attorneys can be very expensive and more importantly, Immigration Attorneys, in my opinion, are overpriced! I will teach you the step-by-step process of how to save your hard earned money by filing the immigration paperwork yourself. I did it and I'm confident that you can do it by yourself with the information provided in this course. I have successfully filed for many "Green Cards" including my own, my parents and clients to name a few. If you are ready to be reunified with your overseas relatives and want to give them the opportunity to live the AMERICAN DREAM, then let's get started with the course. Thank you for your time!
- Any Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) of the United States who has a desire for relatives aboard to live legally in the Unites States