Illustrator on the iPad MasterClass
What you'll learn
- Master the most intuitive tool for creating vector illustrations, web and mobile graphics, logos, icons, book illustrations, product packaging and billboards
- Produce professional designs and illustrations on the go
- Intuitive way of drawing vector paths utilizing the Apple Pencil
- Drawing in symmetry with Mirror Repeat
- Creating seamless patterns with Grid and Radial Repeat
- Creating complex details from simple shapes using the Shape Builder
- Using advanced typographic features like Type on Path with access to thousands of Adobe Fonts
- Make the most of the seamless handover between the Desktop and iPad version of Illustrator
- An iPad (almost all versions work, but no Android support yet)
- An Apple Pencil (optional, but recommended for better drawing experience)
- Creative Cloud subscription or individual subscription to the app
- A desire to create amazing vector art :)
Illustrator has been the gold standard for creating everything from gorgeous web and mobile graphics to logos, icons, book illustrations, product packaging and billboards for decades. Until recently you had to have a desktop or laptop computer to use it, but now you can also create stunning illustrations and graphics on the go, by using Illustrator on the iPad.
Mastering Illustrator on the iPad is perfect for you
If you are new to Illustrator and found the desktop version a bit overwhelming, or
If you are self-taught and need the skills to work more effectively and professionally, or
If you love the idea to work on logos, icons, illustrations anywhere on the go, with just your iPad and Apple Pencil!.
Taking this course can be the perfect introduction to creating vector illustrations for anyone who owns an iPad. The refined, modern interface and support for Apple Pencil makes this robust creative tool easier to master than ever before.
Course content updated with the latest 2022 new features
Here are just a few of the reasons, why you need to try this new, re-imagined version of Illustrator:
Intuitive way of drawing vector paths utilizing the Apple Pencil
Smart Delete and Simplify features for refining paths with ease
Drawing in symmetry with Mirror Repeat
Creating complex details from simple shapes using the Shape Builder
Advanced typographic features like Type on Path with access thousands of Adobe Fonts
Grid and Radial Repeat for creating seamless Patterns
Freeform Gradients for beautiful transitions and shading details
Throughout this MasterClass, I have carefully selected each example to give you clear explanations as we explore the key techniques from simple to more complex. If you follow along with the exercises and creative projects within the course, by the time you finish, you will use Illustrator on the iPad like a creative professional. You will effortlessly find your way through the app, creating amazing vector illustrations for yourself, for clients, switching between desktop and iPad at the office or working in a cosy park.
Thanks to Cloud Documents there is a seamless handover between devices and most of the techniques you will learn from this course will also apply on the desktop version of Illustrator.
Since Adobe is frequently updating their creative tools you can also expect to see new features released often for Illustrator on the iPad. These will be covered as new lessons added to this course each time there is a new product update released.
Existing and more experienced users of Illustrator may also discover hidden gems and workflows or catch up with all the new features released in 2022.
By purchasing this course you will get all the examples as downloadable exercise files, so you can follow along and practice everything at your own pace.
Take the next step in your creative career, enroll for this course now and let’s master Illustrator on the iPad together!
Who this course is for:
- Illustrator desktop users who want to enjoy the freedom of working on iPad
- Anyone new to Illustrator, who want an easier, more enjoyable way to produce vector art
- Anyone planning to get into illustration and graphic design
- Anyone who owns an iPad and likes to draw
Martin is a graphic designer and an Adobe Certified Instructor. He was a presenter at Adobe MAX the ultimate creative in 2018 and was recently voted one of the top 10 Adobe instructors in the world. Over 100,000 students are studying from his online courses from over 200 countries.
As a designer and illustrator he worked for companies like Pixar, BBC, Mattel and as an instructor taught teams at Google, Ben&Jerry's, House of Lords and Oxford University Press.