Adobe Illustrator for Photoshop Users
What you'll learn
- Harness your Photoshop skills to help you learn to use Illustrator faster
- Be able to choose the right tool for the task when creating designs in Illustrator
- Create cool designs without having to master the Pen tool
- Confidently create designs in Illustrator for social media, for sale as stock or for your business
- Create compelling designs even if you can't draw a stroke!
- A working knowledge of a photo editing or graphic program will be of use but is not required
- Illustrator CC any version (earlier Illustrator versions may not have all features)
Learn tools, features and techniques to create vector illustrations using Adobe Illustrator - the graphic industry's premier software application.
Take your existing Photoshop knowledge and use it to quick start learning Illustrator.
Avoid going over information that you already know and get to grips quickly with what is new to you in Illustrator.
Learn and master Illustrator
Shape Creation tools
A Powerful New Skill for your Creative arsenal
Learning Illustrator is your entry ticket to the world of graphic design. Illustrator is the industry standard application for Mac and PC. Knowing Illustrator will prepare you for working in the field of graphic design. Using it you can turn your art into scalable shapes, make salable vector stock and design anything from fabric to infographics.
Combined with your existing knowledge of Photoshop your new Illustrator skills can open up a world of creative opportunity and job prospects.
Content and Overview
Suitable for Photoshop users this course of 35 lectures and over 3 hours of content, gets you up and running with Illustrator. Many lectures close with exercises for you to practice what you learned in that lecture.
Starting with the similarities and differences between Illustrator and Photoshop you'll progress quickly to creating complex vector shapes from simple shapes. You'll learn to edit and combine shapes and get familiar with the range of tools for creating and editing shapes.
You will learn how to color and recolor your art, create and style type, and paint with vector paint brushes. Advanced topics such as pattern making, tracing bitmaps, and creating blended shapes are covered.
You will finish the course making a piece of vector art.
When you complete this course you will have a solid grounding in using Illustrator and the ability to create vector artwork for yourself or for work.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who already uses Photoshop and wants to learn Illustrator
- Beginner Illustrator users who have used other graphic software before
- Anyone who is scared of the pen tool, who can't draw but wants to make cool graphic designs
Helen Bradley is an expatriate Australian, designer, and educator. She specializes in teaching graphic design using Adobe Illustrator, Procreate 5X, and Adobe Photoshop. She also teaches photo-editing with Lightroom and Photoshop.
Helen has taught hundreds of thousands of students world wide and she is recognized as a skilled trainer who "knows her stuff" and who is able to communicate even highly technical and complex processes so they are easy to understand.
Apart from her technical expertise, one thing students frequently comment on is her lack of 'fluff' she doesn't waste time and she gets to the point quickly.