Responsive Design HTML CSS Web design - Dreamweaver CC
What you'll learn
- 39 lectures 3+ hours of well-structured content!
- You'll learn to build a responsive portfolio website from scratch.
- Learn how to take a design from Illustrator & create a professional website.
- How to use templates in Dreamweaver.
- Create mobile, tablet & desktop versions of the website.
- Build our own custom responsive navigation with burger menu.
- How to publish your website to the internet.
- Ways to preview your designs straight to your mobile device.
- How to get the most from your portfolio Images.
- How to use beautiful web fonts in your designs.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- All the techniques used by professional website designers.
- You will need a copy of Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017 or above. A free trial can be downloaded from Adobe.
- No previous web design skills are needed.
- No previous Dreamweaver skills are needed.
Hi there, my name is Dan and together we’re going to build a portfolio website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
I am an Adobe Certified Instructor and better yet I work closely with Adobe themselves to develop their own online help videos. I am also a Dreamweaver speaker at the huge Adobe Max conference in Las Vegas. I’m even inside your version of Dreamweaver right now... go on try it... open Dreamweaver > Go to Help > quick tutorial - I’m right there!
This course is for beginners. You do not need any previous knowledge in Dreamweaver or web design. We will use Dreamweaver ‘split’ view so we can use all the good visual tools as well as doing some simple amends down here in the code as well.
We will work with beautiful fonts & colours & even add Google Analytics to our site to get amazing information about exactly who visits your site. Now web design can sometimes be tricky so I am here to help - just message me if you get stuck. There are also exercise files so you can follow along. I even save a full copy of the website at the end of every video so that you can check yours again mine if you’re is not working quite right.
Let's get excited about finally being able to build a website like a professional web designer. See you in class.
Who this course is for:
- YES: This course is for beginners. Aimed at people new to the world of web design. No previous Dreamweaver experience is necessary.
- NO: This course is NOT suited to people experienced in using HTML & CSS.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) – but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term – digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator – so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I understand business, I have one – so I know how important it is to get it right and make it work for you.
Now my focus is on Udemy. It's my mission to bring you the best training for digital media on Udemy.
Daniel Walter Scott