Captivate Your Audience
- 37 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Utilize speaking strategies for successful presentation delivery
- Customize a unique plan of speech delivery
- Choose the applicable speaking tools for building audience rapport
- Spot the persuasion techniques that are useful for the Munroe technique of persuasion
- You should consider to use a tablet, phone voice recorder, and HTML to properly practice your speaking skills
Ever wonder why you always remember that speaker you listened to ten years ago? In this course we'll work together to help you relax and prepare to give exuberant presentations.
Learning the strategies of public speaking is essential for the growth of any individual, business or brand. Useful strategies for speaking preparation will help professionals and entry-level individuals find a way to ignite their speech delivery. This course utilizes an electric approach to speech delivery that will spark the speaker to develop techniques implemented in the course.
Together we will look at the symptoms of anxiety that accompanies public speaking (nervous hands, itchy throat, loss of concentration)..Captivate the audience with key engagement techniques.
The United Stated Department of Labor indicates that the 21st century will call for individuals who are leaders in their fields. The communication industry will need people to utilize innovative strategies to market, promote and build industry standard services and products.
Suitable for intermediate and advanced speakers, you'll learn key principles for building rapport with any given audience. In this hands-on course you will be able to utilize these speaking techniques to enhance your speech delivery.
Together we will look at the symptoms of anxiety that accompanies public speaking (nervous hands, itchy throat, loss of concentration). You'll experience captivating warm-ups that build articulation, projection and audience rapport.
You'll have practical implementation of key speaking strategies that will propel you to advance in your speaking skills.
- This Public Speaking course is meant for speakers at any level of experience. All speakers will have to refine and fine tune delivery skills to adapt to the needs of the 21st century listener. No prior public speaking experience is needed. Students can look to the Public Speaking 101 course for preliminary tools of speech formation.
In this lecture the student will participate in two activities of the following:
1. Breathing Activity
2. Laughing Activity
*These are activities that can be developed and completed on a daily basis. If you have a presentation coming up I would suggest that you practice these two times a day.
In this lecture the student will participate in activities to build poise and readiness.
1. Stand-up Activity: This activity is best practiced in front of a person or mirror where the student is able to gain comfort in standing before an audience. This may initially feel awkward as the student will want to move hands or speak but the goal is to be poised and calm before speaking. You can also take time to view and scan the room before speaking.
2. Alphabet Warm-Up: Use the Alphabet to stress vowels and sounds through inflection and projection. Remember to incorporate proper breathing here as well.
3. Pay attention to upward and downward inflections in this discussion.
In every presentation the speaker may try to have the audience take a stance about a particular topic. In this event, the student will need to understand how to project his/her values in a given presentation. This lecture will highlight a useful technique of projection when appealing to an given audience. An recorder is useful for this presentation.