IELTS Writing Band 7+ with Functional Grammar
What you'll learn
- 1. Develop a deep understanding of IELTS writing at Band 7
- 2. Use personal values to develop opinions and ideas
- 3. Use ideas, paragraph structure and essay structure to effectively plan and write an IELTS-style essay
- 4. Develop an understanding of coherence, cohesion, and lexical resource
- 5. Use online tools to improve lexical range
- 6. Develop grammatical range and accuracy to effectively convey ideas
- 7. Identify and avoid common IELTS grammar and punctuation errors
- You should have a high-intermediate or advanced level of English (at least IELTS 5.5).
- You must be willing to practice and seek feedback independently, in addition to completing the course content.
- You must understand that the speed of your progress will depend on your individual situation.
- You will get the best value from this course if you first complete Lingo's free "English Functional Grammar" course here on Udemy.
Need a Band 7 in IELTS writing but stuck at 6 - 6.5?
Achieve IELTS writing Band 7 or higher in this masterclass. Written and presented by experienced educator Martin Tilney (PhD Linguistics, M. Applied Linguistics), this course is one of a kind.
Guided by functional grammar, the course content is engaging and relevant. Practice activities are created from authentic samples written by real IELTS students.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Develop a deep understanding of IELTS writing at Band 7
2. Use personal values to develop opinions and ideas
3. Use ideas, paragraph structure and essay structure to effectively plan and write an essay
4. Develop an understanding of coherence, cohesion, and lexical resource
5. Use online tools to improve lexical range
6. Develop grammatical range and accuracy to effectively convey ideas
7. Identify and avoid common grammar and punctuation errors
This course is also for anyone who wants to improve their academic English and essay writing skills, as well as anyone who wants to learn more about functional grammar.
This course does not claim to be a quick and easy solution that does not require you to work hard (such a course does NOT exist!). However, if you complete the course properly and follow all the recommendations, you WILL reach your goal.
Who this course is for:
- IELTS candidates aiming to achieve a Band 7 or higher in writing
- Students of academic English aiming to improve their academic essay writing
- Anyone who wants to develop a deep understanding of academic English and IELTS writing
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about functional grammar
My name is Martin Tilney and I am a certified grammar nerd. I have worked in the field of English education for many years and in various places including universities, private language schools and technical colleges. I have also worked as a teacher trainer, assessment writer and curriculum writer. I have a PhD in systemic functional linguistics and I love to share my knowledge of language and grammar through online courses.