IELTS top tips (free course)
- Basic English skills
- Level should be IELTS 4 or higher
- Knowledge of the IELTS test is helpful
We only use former IELTS examiners in our courses. Here we have some top tips for you for your speaking, writing part 1 and writing part 2. There is a lot of advice to avoid the problems many IELTS students have and some tips to make the most of what you know to reach a higher IELTS band. And the best thing is it's free so you can see all the lessons and tell your friends too. I hope you enjoy these lessons as much as we enjoyed making them. Good luck with your IELTS test!
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to improve their IELTS scores
- Students who are taking IELTS for the first time.
- Students who are taking any type of English test
- 01:30Speaking Fluency
- 02:04Writing part 2, Advantages and Disadvantages
- 02:08Writing part 2, Agree and Disagree
- 01:28Speaking, Asking for clarification
- 01:24Speaking, Asking for help
- 02:08Writing part 1, The BIG picture
- 01:25Using cliches
- 02:04Using cohesive devices
- 02:09Writing part 1, Describing trends up and down
- 01:52Writing part 1, Decsribing trends, flat and fluctuate
- 01:59Wrting part 2, Discussion type question
- 02:06Writing part 1, The dreaded diagram
- 02:09Writing part 1 & 2, Writing enough words
- 01:21Speaking, Giving yourself time
- 01:59Writing part 2, Hotly debated topic
- 01:18Speaking and Writing, Using idioms
- 01:17Speaking part 2, Making notes
- 01:29Speaking and Writing, memorising
- 02:02Writing part 2, Paragraphing
- 02:31Speaking and Writing, Paraphrasing
- 01:21Speaking, using past tenses
- 02:00Writing part 2, problem & solution type question
- 02:11Writing part 1, quantity expressions
- 01:24Speaking, talking at length
- 01:59Speaking, Chunking
- 02:07Speaking part 3, Conversation
- 02:12Writing Part 2 , topic sentences
- 02:02Writing part 2, Two part type question
- 01:26Speaking, talking around the subject
- 01:50Writing part 1, Describing the data
Over 40,000 students have taken my online courses with great success.
A former Cambridge International Examinations examiner (IELTS, FCE & PET), Sian has used her standard British accent to voice many university and high school level English listening tests, coursebooks and pronunciation CDs. Her voice is heard by over 12 million test-takers per year.
She has worked as an English teacher, teacher trainer and head of English departments in schools across the world for over 25 years. She is a famous teacher in China and now reaching across the world to use her experience to help students in other countries.
She has a master's degree in online education and currently lives in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Her lessons are clear, easy to understand and suitable for beginners to advanced students. She welcomes you to join one of her free and paid classes.