IELTS Step-by-step | MASTERING ALL SKILLS 7+
What you'll learn
- Improve your IELTS grade significantly to a 7+
- Learn tips and tricks that will immediately improve your grade
- Do learner training that will push your grade up higher than you thought possible
- Learn about the IELTS exam layout, typical stumbling blocks and examiner expectations
- Learn about every type of listening and reading task type
- Practice IELTS speaking with other students at a similar level to you
- Watch 15 speaking exams being done and analyse them in detail
- Analyse every type of writing possible in the exam
- Do 12 real listening and reading past papers and review them in detail
- Learn hundreds of idioms to improve your grade in the speaking exam
- Complete writing tasks and get feedback from the tutor and other students
- The course is suitable for both General Training and Academic IELTS candidates
From ex-IELTS examiner James Castleden's YouTube channel IELTS Step-by-step comes a comprehensive course dedicated to improving your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills for an excellent 7+ performance in the IELTS exam. You'll discover hundreds of tips and tricks as well as clever, seldom-used techniques that will help you to achieve your aims — some students have progressed from a 6.0 to an 8.5 with only 3 months of study. And with 12 real past papers in listening and reading accompanied by detailed feedback for each and every answer, 15 speaking exams practiced and analysed, and every type of writing that could come up in the IELTS exam, this course is without doubt one of the best online to help you to thoroughly practice and prepare for the exam.
Please note that this course is suitable for strong B1 students and above. If you are below this level in English, you will not find this course beneficial — I would suggest you do the BBC general English course first (Google "BBC learning English lower intermediate").
★★★★★ "This course saved my life. I had 13 days to prepare for the exam so the fast track was an incredible help. I focused mostly on the writing and speaking videos and I got an 8. I'll be forever grateful to Mr. James Castleden for putting together this amazing course, you're a great teacher sir."—Valentina.
★★★★★ "So elaborate! I was exactly looking for a course like this. Thank you so much. Thanks, Mr. Castleden I have got an overall band 8 in IELTS this December. Your course was just incredible!"—Pratik
★★★★★ "It's best course. All in details and very good explanation for each part of items with lots of examples. Thank you for your awesome and thorough job!"—Andrei
★★★★★"Examiner is examiner (I guess it's not a grammatically correct sentence but I think you know what I mean)! James is very professional and experienced. He's got comprehensive experience about IELTS and he knows how to help students prepare for their exams. This course is my No.1 recommendation on Udemy!"—宇 高
★★★★★ "The fantastic quality of this course! I really glad that I joined this course !"—Annushka
★★★★★ "James, thanks for the course. I did the test and scored an overall of 8. Your listening test modules were a great help. I scored 8.5 on that test."—Joseph
★★★★★ "It was really fantastic since it deals with every points in detail."—Aman
★★★★★ "I believe that it is a great and amazing course for all students."—Phyu
★★★★★ "very interesting and very very clear the information"—Carlos
★★★★★ "Very good course and very good teacher, his pronounce is excellent that's make me feels good because i can understand him very well."—Muhammad
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate (B1) level of English and above
I have been teaching English as a foreign and second language for 18 years. As a former IELTS examiner with a Masters Degree in Applied Linguistics and TESOL from the University of Leicester and a DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) from Cambridge University, I am extremely well qualified and experienced to help you to achieve your IELTS aims. I now work full time on the IELTS Step-by-step courses, working mostly with Udemy and on YouTube, helping students in more than 160 countries. I live with my wife, Ivett, in London.