IELTS Masterclass: Achieve Band 7+ in IELTS Listening
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Proven techniques to achieve band 7+ in IELTS Listening
- Know the ideal methods to listen, read and write simultaneously
- Understand the 8 question types asked in 4 sections of IELTS Listening
- Know the ultimate strategies to answer each question type
- Know the best tricks to predict the answer
- Know how many marks to score to get the desired band score
- Understand how to comprehend the speech and interpret the questions
- Know how to make notes during the recording
- Understand the ways to keep up with the pace of the speaker
- Beginner level requirement to understand different English accents
- Beginner level requirement to differentiate between different parts of speech
- Be able to use correct spellings of the words
Are you looking for real-life examples that can help you understand how exactly the IELTS Listening test is conducted in the exam room? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
IELTS Masterclass: IELTS Listening is a comprehensive course designed with 8 question types spread throughout the four sections in 40 questions. There are pre-recorded audios to which you will listen and read and answer the questions given on the question paper.
It seems tough to listen, read, and write all at once, but don’t worry if you are enrolling in this course. The 8 question types are strategically explained with a perfectly workable approach for each, not letting you lose even one mark.
What is the Listening section of IELTS?
IELTS Listening has 4 separate sections. You will have to answer 40 questions as you listen. The test is spread through 30 minutes. You get an extra 10 minutes to transfer the answers to the answer sheet. The level of difficulty increases through the paper.
How is the Listening test of IELTS divided?
The first section is a conversation between two people talking about a social situation-for example: a conversation in a library or an accommodation agency.
The second section deals with a monologue. Here, one person talks about an everyday social situation such as important marine animals or a talk about local facilities.
The third section is a conversation between up to 4 people set in a training context or an educational assignment. In this section, you can also find a group of students discussing a research project.
The fourth and last section is the toughest of all. Here, you will listen to a person giving an academic lecture.
The task is marked on 4 criteria – Task Response, Coherence and Cohesion, Vocabulary, and Grammar. Each criterion weighs 25% of the task score.
What is IELTS Masterclass: IELTS Listening course all about?
The course is divided into 3 main sections.
In the first section, you are introduced to the IELTS examination.
In the second section, the IELTS Masterclass: IELTS Listening test, to the core, is discussed.
In this section, you will:
know the all the details of the 8 question types
get the knack of identifying the question type as soon as you see them
learn to listen, read, and write at the same time.
practice listening to different English accents
adapt the methodology to understand the context and not find the exact words in the recording
understand the approach to answer each question
learn to predict the answers
and much more!
In the third section, we go through the quick-win strategies to let you know where else you can score.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
tackle any question type of IELTS Listening
understand the gist of the recording
try to answer even the toughest and the fastest recording without any hassle
get comfortable with understanding and using the instructions
know the trick to make simple notes during the recording
easily predict the correct answers by reading the questions
and much more!
Each part successfully takes you to the next level until you are through with all the types architecturally explained in IELTS Masterclass: IELTS Listening.
Learning at every step is very critical because each step carries marks. The structure elucidated in the course helps you with ways to score the maximum in each marking criteria of IELTS Listening.
- who wish to manage time and bag more bands
- who wish to upskill listening skills
- who want to know the best tips, tricks and strategies to score band 7+, band 8 or band 9 in IELTS Listening