Identifying AML Suspicious Transactions
What you'll learn
- What are Suspicious Transactions
- Students will understand how to identify suspicious transactions,
- Students will have an understanding of how to manage suspicious transactions.
- Know how and when to report STRs to the FIU,
- Explain what constitutes a suspicious transaction,
- How to correctly define Suspicious transactions
- Students will understand simple, but important tips on how to mitigate red flags when identified.
- Know how to manage a client after reporting their suspicious transaction.
- You need to have a basic understanding of anti-money laundering course
- Understand Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer due diligence (CDD)
The inability of compliance or money laundering reporting officers not to be able to detect suspicious transactions out of several other transactions or what to do next with such transactions is what this course is about. A very thorough examination of what suspicious transactions are, what staff should know about STRs, responsibility of staff, types of red flags among other topics were covered.
Who this course is for:
- Compliance Officers, Money laundering reporting officers (MLRO),
- Fraud and Internal audit, Investigators, AML trainees
- Tellers, front desk officers, operations, ICT/HR support staff
A course designed by Samuel Aremu in partnership with g-Log Consult. He is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) with Postgraduate degrees in Intelligence, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice. Mr. Samuel has been a driver in the AML/CFT regime in Nigeria and West Africa. He has trained and mentored over 700 students, law enforcement officers, financial and intelligence analysts, and staff of Financial and Designated Non-Financial businesses in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Togo, South Africa among others.
g-Log Consult specialise in Anti-Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), background checks / staff vetting, regulatory compliance, tax matters, financial crimes, fraud, audit, corporate governance and ICT consulting among other subjects of interest.