Web Performance 101: Your Guide to Boost Your Web App
What you'll learn
- You'll learn how to effectively track web performance down with chrome DevTools.
- A brief history of web performance.
- The difference in the performance requirements between MPA (Multiple Page Application) and SPA (Single Page Application)
- The difference between runtime performance and other kind of web performance.
- Learn the signs that your web app is leaking memory.
- No prior knowledge of web performance optimisation required.
Hunting web performance issues is a complex problem with fiendish edge cases, and debugging them can be a daunting task. To avoid such a problem in your app, you need awareness about it and constant vigilance.
In this course, we’ll see how to effectively track web performance down and learn what causes them. You’ll get insights on how to respect more the end-user device’s resources. You’ll also avoid situations where you pull your hair out trying to understand what’s going on with your performance.
I designed this course to suit newcomers as well as advanced developers, and I will walk you through the topic step by step until you get your hands dirty.
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to identify, diagnose, and fix web performance issues in web apps even if you’re not the one who implemented them. You’ll be also able to catch patterns in your source code that cause them.
Who this course is for:
- For people who want to optimize their runtime web performance and/or fix memory leaks in their web pages.
- For frontend developers who want to know more about web development.
- For people who want to have more insights on how to use chrome DevTools.