The Breakthrough Passage: Ideas Breaking Through
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Address and apply ideas more effectively, in workplace decision-making, and elsewhere.
- Extend and enhance the value of idea contributions, lift performance, transform and reconstruct, in familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- Consider what happens to ideas in your decision-making situations, and whether you want to improve your contribution to those outcomes: workplace and beyond.
To add further value to your workplace and personal decisions, learn about ideas breaking through, what they have in common, and how to gain access. Learn what happens to ideas on their way to worthy outcomes. This Course improves your everyday use of ideas.
Get on the inside of game-change. Discover what happens to ideas in organisations.
- Identify and resolve idea problems in your organisation, and elsewhere
- Overcome idea-based gaps that restrain decision-making, performance, and opportunity
What am I going to get from this Course?
- Gain a fresh perspective about what happens to ideas: their successes, and failures
- Learn what is happening when our ideas overcome problems and resistance
- Recognise and witness how ideas break through: access these insights
- Harness and apply a new 'Breakthrough Passage' framework
- Add value to your decisions, and your everyday use of ideas
- Game-changing and game-lifting opportunity
Benefits the Course Provides
- Provides a new, idea-based way of thinking and solution framework
- Reveals how successful ideas address problems and opportunities
- Enables you to recognise these problems in organisations
- Sets guidelines so that you can apply the new framework
- Enables you to build and extend professional results: for you, and others
Who is this Course For?
- Decision-makers, and
- Those keen to upgrade their views about how ideas add value, and
- Those keen to address troublesome workplace issues
What the Course Covers
- Reviews the role of ideas in organisations, and elsewhere
- Invites, compares, and illustrates fresh views about the role of ideas in workplaces
- Witnesses breakthrough and game-change
- Includes: industries, colleagues, and events.
- Provides examples of idea activity: brief, structured, and spanning over 2000 years.
- Original perspective, upgrades conventional management
- Uses case-outcomes to develop an enhanced view about what happens to ideas
- Story and narrative presentations
- Includes perspective, problems, solutions, applications, and summaries
- Five theme sections: 33 Lectures, covering 23 Topics, with quizzes and projects
- 20 multiple-choice questions: to support Course learning
- 15 Project exercises to apply your learning to workplaces and decision-making
- Video illustrations
What's Unique about this Course
- This Course is about what happens to ideas around you, and elsewhere, and how you can learn from their successes
- It enables you to understand overcoming barriers to the way things are done, and to successfully challenge existing approaches
- “Ideas Breaking Through” is a great way to a better way of thinking about ideas and their application.
- Adds value to a very wide range of decisions
- Shows how ideas underpin: management, strategy, organisation, HR, and leadership
- Challenges and extends mainstream management thinking
- Evidence-based and Plain speaking
- Provides universal application, including: workplace, community, industry, and nation
- The Course provides everything you need, including examples, so that you can set aside some quality time, and learn, in a structured manner, how ideas help us to transform and reconstruct our world. And your world.
Why choose this Course? To think differently and better, support ideas breaking through, and more confidently use ideas to weave value into your personal and professional decisions.
- This "Ideas Breaking Through" course is for decision-makers keen to upgrade and reposition how they add value and address troublesome workplace issues. These are practical people seeking to understand, connect, and apply, the dynamic role of ideas.
- If you are looking for a quick management fix, a narrow approach to so-called 'best ideas', a recent fad, or a celebrity fad in innovation, or an easy-wealth program, this course is probably not for you.
- As a universal approach, the course has application across a great range of enterprise and decision-making situations.
Video reminder of Topics within the Theme
This Topic addresses whether "Ideas Breaking Through" is the right course for you, its relevance for your decision-making, what it covers, and the skills and experience I can share. You will have renewed curiosity to consider the value and role of ideas in your skill-set.
This Topic sets out the broad structure of the "Ideas Breaking Through" course. It includes: an invitation to take a fresh look at the role of ideas in your decisions, idea-based problems and new solutions to improve the management of organisations, references to the phenomenon of breakthrough and game-change, other idea applications in our daily life, and how you can use the suggested solution framework. You will be able to anticipate an ideas-based journey across your project and workplace problems, solutions, and applications.
This Topic places the role of ideas in a broad context, indicating that identified opportunities and shortfalls have occurred in a very wide wide of circumstances. Queried, is an explanation of how this happens, together with some brief examples, across the Ages, of where we have been. You will be able to identify links provided by ideas, between the past and present, for a given project, situation, or state of play.
This Topic foreshadows that, given the broad, enduring, incidence of ideas active in our world, there is a more unified view to be found for what ideas do. It is not only a question of where we have been (across the Ages) with ideas, but what we envisage is the shape of a unifying solution. You will be able to relate the universal evidence and opportunity to improve the role of ideas, to equivalent decision-making requirements in your workplace, and elsewhere. This is a large, challenging canvas, with significant rewards.
This Topic identifies 'best practice' as the first of four management problems with ideas, and takes a closer look. You will be able to recognise the limitations of best practices, including those in your world, and avoid complacency about their involvement with ideas.
This Topic identifies 'fragmentation' as the second (of four) management problems with ideas, and takes a closer look. You will be able to recognise the extent of management disconnections, silos, camouflage, and resistances competing with ideas in our organizations.
This Topic identifies communication and morale as two of the four management problems with ideas, and takes a closer look. You will be able to recognise the extent to which, contrary to many espoused approaches involving communication and morale, ideas compete with entrenched management concepts and practices.
This Topic brings together idea problems requiring attention, with the outline of a new solution framework construct. Through the new framework outline, you will be able to begin your journey to more fully include the role of ideas in your decision-making. This will help you to reinvigorate how to explain and demonstrate what happens to ideas in organisations.
This Topic describes the main contents, - the elements and stages - contained within the new ideas-based framework, together with some basic examples of how they work. Through this updated framework, which reflects a dynamic view of the role of ideas, you will be able to add value to your decision-making, through the wide range of identified interactions and progressions.
This is a summary Topic which outlines what is, in effect, a fresh game-changer perspective. It brings together the preceding idea problems (best practice, fragmentation, communication and morale) with the suggested new construct, - the Breakthrough Passage. In terms of their interactions and progressions, this will help you accommodate and explain, what ideas do.
In the first of four Topics that witness the presence of the new ideas-based framework, this one evidences the three interaction elements - ideas, people and vision. You will be able to exercise idea combinations among people and vision, draw upon examples from industry, professions and services, while recognising them as one part of a larger solution framework.
In the second of four Topics that witness the presence of the new ideas-based framework, this one evidences a further three interaction elements - process, task, and environment. You will be able to exercise idea combinations among process, task and environment, draw upon examples from transport, learning and discovery, while recognising them as one part of a larger solution framework.
In the third of four Topics that witness the presence of the new ideas-based framework, this one evidences the first two progression stages - origin and acceptance. You will be able to exercise the idea progressions of origin and acceptance, draw upon examples from the physical world and nature, and recognise them as one part of a larger solution framework.
In the final of the four Topics that witness the presence of the new ideas-based framework, among projects and elsewhere, this one evidences the last two progression stages - implementation and capture. You will be able to identify and exercise these idea renewal stages, draw upon examples about them, such as from the disciplines of health, neuroscience, hospitality, catering and survival, and recognise them as one part of a larger solution framework.
This is a summary Topic that highlights the key benefits of the new ideas-based framework. You will be able to explain many attributes of mainstream management, as subsets of the new framework. This Topic will enable you to harness ideas to extend and enhance what you know, and what you do. You will be able to recognise, initiate, encourage and support, better opportunities for change, better combinations, and better management.
This Topic is the first of two applications of the new framework to personal variation. The applications highlight how some of our apparent personal roadblocks are accommodated as solutions, through the role of ideas, in the new framework. You will be able to connect the role of ideas with resolution of personal situations, such as development, coping and engagement, and other examples involving personal breakthrough.
This Topic is the second of two applications of the new framework to personal variation: they highlight how some of our apparent personal roadblocks are accommodated as solutions, through the role of ideas, in the new framework. You will be able to connect the role of ideas with the personal quality of persuasion, such as by drawing on ideas about relationships and contrast.
This Topic is the application of the new framework to the (illustrative) discipline of Strategy. This enables you to appreciate aspects of the idea content and profile of the Strategy discipline. You will be able to: draw upon strategy examples of the new framework; consider the application of the new framework to create, capture, attract, and allocate resources; and use it to exercise decisions involving industry, change, and participation.
This Topic is the application of the new framework to the concept of 'best practice'. Appreciating the idea content and profile of best practice, you will be able to: draw upon examples of the new framework: use it to exercise decisions involving technology, brainstorming, efficiency, customers, and management operations; and improve best practice in your world.
This Topic is the application of ideas and the new framework among people and their morale. In the context of how ideas enable the enterprise to be carried to success, you will be able to: see ideas at work through people and their morale; seek evidence of ideas in leadership, responsibility, and crisis; pursue important idea evidence that may be missing or hidden.
This Topic summarises the decision-maker's guidelines for "Ideas Breaking Through". You will be able to: improve your decision-making at work and among personal situations, based on consideration of a more comprehensive understanding of the role of ideas, as developed in the new ideas-based framework. You will be able to add more value to your project and workplace decision-making, through an examination and evaluation of the identified attributes and examples among: idea interactions, and idea progressions.
This Topic acknowledges that, what happens to ideas may have been too tough for mainstream management to address. You are now equipped to enter this special world where, for mainstream management, this problem goes unrecognised. You will be able to: deconstruct mainstream management practices around you, (among colleagues, systems, and experiences) and then reconstruct them to enable ideas to be more accessible and valuable; support colleagues take ideas from the shelf and re-mix; structure more valuable connections among ideas, capital, talent, and work lives.
This Topic summarises your main benefits from this idea-based approach. In your decision-making, in the workplace and elsewhere, you will add value, because you will be able to: use a framework that brings ideas to the forefront; plan and execute better connections for the transitions that ideas bring; design and coordinate the integration of isolated management concepts; and integrate creative attributes among function, change, and passionate idea-based people.