Idea Validation: From Idea to Paying Customer in One Day
What you'll learn
- Develop product and idea hypotheses
- Run effective qualitative assessments with potential customers
- Confirm the existence of consumer problems and validate their potential worth
- Run cycled experiments to quickly find the best variation of a product idea
- Validate ideas with basic email techniques
- Validate popular response from online and niche groups
- Create and run your first ad campaign, for free, on Google and Facebook
- Use Launchrock to create an interest page in less than 30 minutes
- Use Unbounce to more comprehensively assess the feasibility of pitch experiments
- Add payment buttons to Unbounce and email
- Get your first product sale without even building it
- Access advertising metrics to decide if the idea is commercially viable
- No pre-requisite knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of basic online research techniques will be helpful but not necessary.
Why did your last business or product idea fail? Maybe you think it's because you didn't have enough money, a good enough team, or you lost favor with the money gods. You're wrong. I know exactly why it failed. It failed because you didn't validate it beforehand. That's it. You're welcome.
It's not because you're not a code ninja or a marketing guru or the next Steve Jobs, it's because you screwed up and didn't pre-validate it. You did everything right but your idea was awful and you didn't even know it. So stop picking bad ideas.
This Idea Validation course has taught 1200+ students to dodge bad business ideas like bullets in The Matrix. It's packed with 8 hours of a proven techniques used by the pros and guarded by the super-secret club of business people who are better than you.
At the end of this course you'll know the deepest, darkest secrets of business validation:
- Running qualitative feedback trials
- Knowing your competition better than their mother (creepy)
- Rocking lean, mean online pitch experiments
- Some of the best free tools only the pros know about
- The magic price that makes you the most money
- Why you're no good at knowing if your idea is any good…even if you've built products before
Why do you need the power of "business validation"? It should be obvious, but fine:
- Because the next time you fail a product launch or pitch a dumb idea your boss is going to hate you. Instead pitch a rockstar idea along with data that says, “I'm right and you know I'm right". Watch your boss get weak in the knees.
- Because you want to get out of your cubicle and start living the entrepreneurial dream but, "I just have too many ideas so which one do I choose?" Validate your stuff, cut the fat, and you'll be on the beach sipping pina coladas in no time.
- Because you want to sell new products without stabbing around in the dark until you get a winner.
- Because you want those pro skills. Yeah, it's time to up your game.
- Because you want to be an awesome entrepreneur that everyone is jealous of.
Nine out of ten new businesses are dead on arrival and deflate like a punctured moon bounce. Don't be a moon bounce.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs looking for a better way to gauge the popularity of their product before launch.
- Product Managers who want to test internal products or features but don't want to commit without evidence of demand.
- Small business owners who want to productize their business but test feasibility before spending upfront.
- Marketers looking to test new products or create new sales funnels without monetary commitment upfront.
- Anyone who wants to be able to test online product ideas from the comfort of wherever they are with minimal commitment.
Hi, I'm Evan Kimbrell. Thanks for checking out my course.
**My courses have been featured in Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur Magazine, BusinessInsider, BuzzFeed, Mashable, TheNextWeb, The Daily Beast, & Techcrunch**
Currently, I'm the Founder and Director of Sprintkick, a full-service, referral-only digital agency based out of San Francisco. Over the past four years I've overseen the development and launch of over 100 web and mobile apps. Clients range from two-man bootstrapping startups to multibillion dollar Fortune 100s like Wal-Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and GNC.
Prior to Sprintkick I worked as a VC for a new firm called Juvo Capital, based out of L.A. I spearheaded the firm's expansion into Silicon Valley and into the Consumer Web tech category.
In the long long ago, I was a co-founder for an educational software startup called ScholarPRO that raised a ton of money and then spectacularly blew up (in the bad way). Before it exploded like the Death Star, I went through five tech incubators (yes, five): Tech Stars, Excelerate Labs, MassChallenge, Babson Venture Program, and Sparkseed.
Hope you enjoy my courses!