Welcome to Idea Machine!
In this course, you will learn how to rediscover your creativity and generate tons (perhaps even hundreds) of new ideas in business and life. The reason why I say "rediscover" is because the belief here is that we were all born with innate powers of creativity and imagination. Over time, due to a number of reasons that I will go over during the course, many of us lose our creative touch and confidence.
And in a world were challenges are becoming increasingly complex and ambiguous, our creativity can lead the way to more clarity and poise in our quest for success. The need to be creative has never been more real.
This course is focused mostly on idea generation, not idea evaluation, though I do provide a couple of quick ways you can evaluate your ideas, too. Another way to think of it is as a problem solving guide.
The course is split up into 6 sections:
Section 1: Introduction
An overview of what you will learn
Section 2: Building Creative Confidence
Start on your journey on how to gain confidence in your creative abilities again
Section 3: The Principles of Creativity
Learn about the multiple aspects of creativity that are utilized in the three main stages of Idea Generation: 1) Focus, 2) Explore, and 3) Move (these categorizations are my own, based on the works of other experts in the field)
Section 4: Idea Generation
Mostly adapted from Michael Michalko's book Thinkertoys, this section provides 5 techniques you can immediately use to start looking at problems in new perspectives and coming up loads of new ideas.
Section 5: Idea Evaluation
Here, you'll learn a couple of quick techniques to help you sift through and evaluate the ideas that you have generated.
Section 6: A New Beginning
Some parting thoughts. Please don't skip this lecture. It contains some important takeaways that I want you to take with you.
What is included in the course:
- Lifetime access to 2+ hours of content
- Tips and tricks from creativity experts such as David and Tom Kelley, Michael Michalko, Roger von Oech, Edward de Bono, Tina Seelig, Thomas Edison, and more
- TONS of exercises! You can't learn how to ride a bicycle just by reading a manual. The same is with creativity. You're going to get your hands (and brains) busy in this course
- A collection of slides, video lectures from experts, audio clippings, images and some home-made animations. I can shamelessly say this was a labour of love!
- Access to me. I will promise to respond to you within 48 hours, pending personal emergencies
Above all, I hope you have lots of fun and learn tons along the way!