How to come up with killer business ideas: complete workshop
What you'll learn
- Generate business ideas that are insightful and actionable
- Understand business dynamics as they relate to idea generation
- Analyze 4 different sections of the business value chain for potential opportunities
- Understand the 5 different types of core innovation and how to apply them
- How to objectively assess their skills, passions, hobbies, & interests
- Understand the difference between business types and which one to aim for
- Use common techniques like problem identification to come up with ideas
- Use advanced techniques like disintermediation, local modifiers, market enablers to craft ideas
- Understand how to apply new, disruptive business models like Saas, Sharing economy, & PWYW
- Create business ideas that are not only specific but are complete
- Quickly evaluate and re-prioritize ideas based off 5 dimensions
- Understand the value of their ideas and what to focus on first
- Bring context into their environment and not get discouraged
- Familiarity with basic business concepts is useful, but not necessary
What do Facebook, Groupon, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram have in common - besides being ultra successful businesses?
You probably won’t guess it.
Every single company started with an idea that was TERRIBLE.
Yes, that’s right. Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Andrew Mason, Kevin Systrom all started their businesses not with immediate success, but with immediate failure, ridicule, and frustration.
That’s not the story you heard, right?
You probably heard that they all channeled their unlimited brilliance into crafting the perfect idea. An idea so great, so perfect that it was just a matter of time before their idea took the world by storm.
That’s what most people think. And most people are 100% wrong.
Facebook started as a way to compare attractiveness between classmates.
Pinterest started as an app that let you get notified when your favorite designer goods went on sale.
Groupon started as a website for raising funds for charity.
Instagram started as Burbn, the 400th app to let you “check in” at your favorite businesses.
And yes, Twitter started as a website to list and find podcasts.
None of these ideas were brilliant. They weren’t clever. They certainly weren’t insightful. And they certainly weren't "ahead of their time"
But they WERE created by people who supposedly are.
Business ideas are not an art. They're not things that are limited only to those with experience & creative insight.
Anyone can come up with, develop, and improve business ideas. Business ideas that can be life changing - and I guarantee a whole lot better than the first idea of most major companies.
Stop being intimidated by the process of coming up with business ideas. Learn it, master it, and conquer it.
Learn the science behind creating great business ideas.
Why you should enroll:
Over 1,000 students have signed up within the first 12 hours of the course going live!
Course includes over 6 hours of high quality content, including activities, worksheets, quizzes, exclusive discounts, and access to an exclusive class only web idea generating web application
You'll learn skills that are invaluable in any situation, like being able to assess an ideas marketability, how to spot market inefficiencies, and how to successfully employ brand new, disruptive business models
You'll have direct access to the instructor, who has vet over 1,000 ideas as a venture capitalists, and hundreds more as a founder and director of a digital agency
About the instructor:
Top rated Udemy Instructor with over 30,000 five star reviews.
Teaches 11 different courses on Entrepreneurship, with over 500,000 students enrolled.
All courses by the instructor have are rated an average of 4.97 out of 5 stars.
+ Worked as a VC and was in charge of deal flow in Silicon Valley. Oversaw investments in large companies like Facebook, LinkedIn, & Tesla.
+ Startup founder for 5 years, raised 3 rounds of capital worth several millions of dollars.
+ Currently Director of a Digital Agency that specializes in taking ideas from raw concept all the way to launch.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming an Entrepreneur
- Anyone who wants to become better at creating business ideas
- Veteran entrepreneurs who want to master the skill of idea generation
Hi, I'm Evan Kimbrell. Thanks for checking out my course.
**My courses have been featured in Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur Magazine, BusinessInsider, BuzzFeed, Mashable, TheNextWeb, The Daily Beast, & Techcrunch**
Currently, I'm the Founder and Director of Sprintkick, a full-service, referral-only digital agency based out of San Francisco. Over the past four years I've overseen the development and launch of over 100 web and mobile apps. Clients range from two-man bootstrapping startups to multibillion dollar Fortune 100s like Wal-Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and GNC.
Prior to Sprintkick I worked as a VC for a new firm called Juvo Capital, based out of L.A. I spearheaded the firm's expansion into Silicon Valley and into the Consumer Web tech category.
In the long long ago, I was a co-founder for an educational software startup called ScholarPRO that raised a ton of money and then spectacularly blew up (in the bad way). Before it exploded like the Death Star, I went through five tech incubators (yes, five): Tech Stars, Excelerate Labs, MassChallenge, Babson Venture Program, and Sparkseed.
Hope you enjoy my courses!