iBooks Author Essentials+ Training
What you'll learn
- Become familiar with basic and advanced functionality in iBooks Author
- Create beautiful and interactive multi-touch books.
- Enable iTunes Connect with their Apple ID for publishing to the iBooks Store.
- Deliver book assets to the iBooks Store with iTunes Producer
- You should have working knowledge of Mac OS X. OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is the minimum required version.
"iBooks Author Is the Most Interesting Apple Software You Aren't Using" - Time Magazine
If you're an aspiring author, an artist, a photographer, an educator or a traditional print publishing professional, or interested in digital publishing, you owe it to yourself to learn more about iBooks Author, a free app available for the Mac platform. This course will teach you how to create beautiful, interactive books, photobooks, textbooks and other interactive media projects for iPad and Mac. We will cover:
- the application user interface
- the concepts of templates & styles in iBooks Author
- adding content (text, images, shapes, charts) to your project
- working with widgets
- exporting options & publishing to the iBooks Store
The course includes over 4 hours of video content, spanning 35 lectures, as well as additional links and resources. After taking this course, you will be ready to design and create your own stunning ebooks in the iBooks format!
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for anyone interested in publishing interactive books, photobooks, textbooks and other media projects using iBooks Author. No previous experience with iBooks Author or digital publishing is required, beyond some basic knowledge of productivity applications like Word, PowerPoint, Pages, etc.
- iBooks Author is a Mac-only application so this course is only suitable for Mac users. Sorry PC users!
An expert in digital publishing and web development, Abbas Rizvi spent over three years with the education team at Apple, gaining a unique perspective on iBooks Author. Prior to Apple, Abbas spent seven years at Adobe as a Solutions Consultant, with a focus on web and e-learning tools. Abbas is passionate about sharing his expertise and knowledge and has presented at numerous customer events, conferences and authored video learning titles on web development with TotalTraining.