Cognitive App Development with IBM Watson
What you'll learn
- Cognitive Computing and how Watson changes the game
- Using Watson Visual Recognition to tag and classify visual content using machine learning
- Capabilities of the Watson API and how to choose the best features for your task
- Using Watson Assistant to build an AI assistant(ChatBot)
- Using Watson Watson Discovery to unlock hidden values to find answers , monitor trends and surface patterns
- Using Watson Natural Language Understanding for advanced text analysis
- Using Watson Knowledge Studio to discover meaningful insights in unstructured text.
- Using Watson Speech to Text to easily convert audio and voice into written text
- Using Watson Text to Speech to convert text into natural-surrounding audio
- Using Watson Language Translator to translate from one language to another
- Using Watson Natural Language Classifier to interpret and classify natural language with confidence
- Using Watson Personality Insights to predict personality characteristics through text
- Using Watson Tone Analyzer to understand emotions and communications style in text
- Nothing required at all! but if you have a background in computer science or development, it would be beneficial, but not required at all.
In year 2011, a news went viral and still it is used to create a picture of cognitive world. That news in which Brad Rutter and Ken Jennings, two of the sharpest and fastest thinking human beings at that time, were defeated by IBM Watson in the game of Jeopardy!
If you are a Marvel fan, you are likely familiar with Iron man a.k.a Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S to gather all the information and helping him with all diagnostic and operation works. Yes, IBM Watson is real world J.A.R.V.I.S.
After reading all these things, you might not believe that it is possible or it's just a vague. But you'll be shocked to know that IBM Watson defeat the human counterpart not by its impressive speed, but also improving confidence score after every answer and then the time comes when Watson had the right answer on the board, with a high confidence score, so it rings the buzzer and wins.
Welcome to the world of cognitive world. The day is not so far when the terminator movie we'll watch altogether in the real world.
Now you might have the curiosity to know about cognitive computing? How it works ? And many more such interesting questions.
In this course, you will not learn about cognitive computing with IBM Watson but also use IBM Watson to create your own cognitive service just like JARVIS
Requirement : A IBM Bluemix cloud account
Watson Cognitive Services like
Watson Assistant -> Build and deploy chatbots and virtual assistants.
Watson Discovery -> Uncover connections in data by combining automated ingestion with advanced AI functions.
Watson Speech to Text (STT) ->Easily convert audio and voice into written text.
Watson Text to Speech (TTS) ->Convert written text into natural-sounding audio in a variety of languages and voices.
Watson Language Translator ->Dynamically translate news, patents or conversational documents.
Watson Natural Language Classifier ->Interpret and classify natural language with confidence.
Watson Natural Language Understanding -> Analyze text to extract metadata from content such as concepts, entities and sentiment.
Watson Visual Recognition ->Tag, classify and search visual content using machine learning.
Watson Tone Analyzer ->Analyze emotions and tones in written content.
Watson Personality Insights -> Predict personality characteristics, needs and values through written text and many more.
Integrate it with your Web, Android, IoT, Desktop Applications like Face Detection, ChatBot, Voice Detection, Text to custom Speech (with pitch, emotions, etc), Speech to text, Sentimental Analysis on Social media or any textual data and many more.
After building up your cognitive skills with IBM Watson and you can also apply for Watson certifications to validate your skills in the market to get job.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is curious to experiment with Artificial Intelligence and develop applications or simply interested in exploring IBM Watson and its powerful services available on IBM Cloud.
- If you want to learn fundamentals of chat bot development like Intent, Entities, Dialog, etc and Build a powerful Chatbot application with IBM Watson!
I am an Instructor, Devops engineer, machine learning enthusiast, cloud expert and passionate developer.
I have authored 78 courses with over 115,000 students worldwide across 175+ countries on wide array of technologies like devops, containerization, machine learning, Linux, programming languages and cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service and IBM Cloud.