IBM Watson Discovery Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- What IBM Watson Discovery is and its capabilities
- How to use the Watson Discovery Service user interface
- How you can leverage Discovery's Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities
- How to explore data collections including the default Watson News Collection and a custom data set
- How to ingest data into IBM Watson Discovery
- How to automatically enrich the data within your collection
- How to explore and analyze IBM Watson Discovery data
- Learn natural language and Watson Discovery query syntax
- No experience with IBM Watson is necessary
- A computer with a modern web browser
- An email address to create a free IBM Cloud Account
Discover the IBM Watson Discovery service. This service can be used to ingest and index data sets of all sizes. Automatically enrich your data with IBM Watson's advanced Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. Give your developers, data scientists, and business users insight into your data like Keyword Extraction, Sentiment Analysis, Concept Tagging, Category Classification, Semantic Role Extraction, Emotion Analysis, Entity Extraction, and Relation Extraction. IBM Watson Discovery can even be taught your domain-specific business language by integrating with IBM Watson Knowledge Studio (not covered in this course).
This course is intended for business and technical users who want to learn more about the cognitive capabilities of IBM Watson Discovery service. This is a high-level view of the tooling and technology that make up IBM Watson Discovery. After taking this course you will gain a better understanding of the types of enrichments that can be applied to your dataset and how to use the IBM Watson Discovery user interface to explore your data.
Who this course is for:
- Technical professionals interested in IBM Watson Discovery
- Business professionals that want to learn about the capabilities of IBM Watson Discovery
I'm a technical consultant with 14 years of software industry experience and over 10 years of experience working with IBM products including the IBM Watson family.
I currently work as a contractor for IBM Watson projects at a US government agency. I worked directly for IBM for about 7 years in the IBM Watson Group as a Technical Lead. In this position, I worked with IBM Watson services including IBM Watson Discovery, IBM Watson Explorer, and other IBM Cloud Watson services.
My primary focus is in search, AI, and cloud technology.