IBM Cognos Report Studio
What you'll learn
- Become comfortable navigating around the Cognos BI application.
- Understand the different applications in Cognos and when to use Query Studio or Report Studio
- Built ad hoc reports to accomplish quick, on-the-fly reporting requirements
- Create more complex reports that can be used by multiple users for multiple requirements
- Develop charts, graphs, and dashboards for macro views of micro data… and drill into that micro data
- Design professional-looking BI web applications
- Automate redundant manual reporting tasks, reducing reliance on Excel, and get more time back in your day
- Using real world and practical examples, learn what you need to master Cognos Report Studio for your organization.
IBM Cognos BI is a web-based report development tool designed to create anything from simple list reports to complex multi-page dashboards across multiple databases.
Create any report your organization requires from visualizations to EDI feeds to third parties, all with one tool.
By the end of this course, users will be able to take the practical examples used in the videos and apply them to their own environment. Learning Cognos is like learning a foreign language, so continual immersion is needed. Practice a few times a week to become familiar with the interface, your data, your organization's requirements, and your reporting style.
About the Author
With involvement in both manufacturing and service industries across multiple sectors, Aaron has 20+ years of BI, financial system, accounting, and business intelligence experience. His depth of experience from IT & MIS demands continual process improvement and automation within departmental operations as well as zero tolerance for inaccuracies in management systems. Aaron is currently a consultant for Aronson LLC, a firm based in Rockville, MD.
Specialties: Cognos Business Intelligence (BI): Query Studio, Workspace Advanced, Report Studio, Framework Manager. Cognos Impromptu. Deltek Costpoint, Deltek GCS Premier, QuickBooks, MS Dynamics NAV/Navision, Ross Systems, Crystal Reports, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Adobe Creative Suite, Joomla, WordPress, X-Cart, and so on.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone from the novice to the advanced user looking to get more out of Cognos.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.