IATF Core Tools - PFLOW, FMEA, CPLAN, SPC, MSA, PPAP, APQP.
What you'll learn
- Clear understanding of various elements of All Core Tools of IATF 16949: 2016 QMS and processes.
- Will be able to prepare and review PPAP document effectively to improve effectiveness of product design, process design and development activities.
- Will be able to review the PPAP of suppliers effectively.
- Will be able to formulate effective PROCESS FLOW, DFMEA, PFMEA and CONTROL PLAN for different types of processes.
- Will be able to contribute in internal audit and supplier audit process effectively.
- Will be able to implement SPC in the organization for quality improvement.
- Will be able to conduct MSA for Variable and Attribute Measurements Effectively.
- Will be able to practice APQP process effectively to meet the customer's timeline.
- People from Bulk Material industries will get a clear understanding (in PPAP section) about how the core tools are applied differently for bulk materials.
- Person should have a degree / diploma in science / engineering / technology.
- Person should have some involvement in operational function of the company such as production, quality assurance, engineering, design, testing, inspection, supplier assessment, purchase, service etc.
- Person should be familiar with working in excel for making simple documentation, calculation, formatting etc.
- An awareness of Quality Management System, such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949 would be added advantage.
- Should cultivate team work in organization.
This course covers the following IATF Core Tools in details, namely:
1. Process Flow Diagram,
2. Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA),
3. Control Plan,
4. Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA),
5. Statistical Process Control (SPC),
6. Measurement System Analysis (MSA),
7. Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and
8. Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
The course material is in line with the following AIAG Manuals:
AIAG FMEA Manual - 4th edition,
AIAG SPC Manual - 2nd edition,
AIAG MSA Manual - 4th edition,
AIAG PPAP Manual - 4th edition and
AIAG APQP Manual - 2nd edition.
Apart from details explanation of the various elements of Core Tools, downloadable resources are provided (in excel file) which can used in practice.
Also there are quizzes in every section for testing the knowledge gained from the course.
Who this course is for:
- Design Engineer, Process Engineer or Engineers of other technical and tecno-commercial functions in automotive industry.
- Young engineers / scientists involved in technical activities in manufacturing industry and wants to enhance their career, with a formal added professional qualification.
- Departmental Heads / Trainers who wants to provide training to their subordinates in IATF Core Tools, without sending the participants for outside training for saving of time and money.
- Executive of a company can provide training to vendors of the company by casting these video training’s.
- An individual working as consultant in IATF 16949 field.
M. Tech in Materials Science and Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India, Lean Six Sigma Black belt, Lead Auditor IATF 16949, Assessor in ISO/IEC 17025, having over 30 years of rich experience in quality assurance in automotive industry. Consultant and trainer in ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation, IATF - Core tools, Lean manufacturing, Six sigma, Field failure analysis, Metallurgy and Manufacturing process problem solving. Presently engaged in Training and consultancy in automotive manufacturing and laboratory field and Heading Labtech Institute (India).