IATF 16949 Core Tool- Production Part Approval Process- PPAP
What you'll learn
- Clear understanding of various elements of PPAP document.
- Will be able to prepare and review your PPAP document effectively and coordinate with your core team to improve effectiveness of manufacturing processes.
- Will be able to review the PPAP of your suppliers effectively.
- Will be able to introduce Supplier PPAP Manual of your company for training of your suppliers and to improve effectiveness of their processes.
- Will be able to understand the specific requirements of Bulk Material, Tire / Tyre Industries and Truck Industries, where some modification is called for in PPAP process and documentation.
- Person should have a degree / diploma in science / engineering / technology.
- Person should have some involvement in operational function of the company such as production, quality assurance, engineering, design, testing, inspection, supplier assessment etc.
- Person should be familiar with working in excel for making simple documentation, calculation, formatting etc.
- An awareness of Quality Management System, such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949 would be added advantage.
- Should cultivate team work in organization.
- It is advised that the participants take the course of IATF Core Tools - on Process flow-PFMEA-Control plan, SPC, MSA to understand detailed working for these elements, as those individual courses covers all aspects of the implementation of those activities in the organization.
The course material is organized in sequence of several sections and sub-sections.
The basic understanding is elaborated in first few sections, so that even a new comer can follow the course easily.
The sections which are related to documentation and verification of PPAP are elaborated in details with examples in excel sheet.
At the end there is a quiz which will help recaps of the key understanding of the subject.
Downloadable materials are provided which are useful for technical knowledge, for preparation of PPAP document for submission to automotive customer.
Also automotive customer representative can use this training program for supplier development.
Who this course is for:
- Quality Head, Engineering Head or Heads of other technical functions in a manufacturing organisation.
- Young engineers / scientists involved in core technical activities in manufacturing industry and wants to enhance their career.
- Departmental Heads / Training who wants to provide training to their subordinates in IATF Core Tools, without sending the participants for outside training for saving of time and money.
- Purchase executives who wants to have a clear understanding of PPAP in order to guide their suppliers for PPAP submission.
- An individual working as consultant in IATF 16949 field.
M. Tech in Materials Science and Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India, Lean Six Sigma Black belt, Lead Auditor IATF 16949, Assessor in ISO/IEC 17025, having over 30 years of rich experience in quality assurance in automotive industry. Consultant and trainer in ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation, IATF - Core tools, Lean manufacturing, Six sigma, Field failure analysis, Metallurgy and Manufacturing process problem solving. Presently engaged in Training and consultancy in automotive manufacturing and laboratory field and Heading Labtech Institute (India).