I Will Teach You to Read! - Course #4 (of 5)
What you'll learn
- Welcome back to Ready, Set, Read! Course #4 (of 5) continues to build reading skills learned in Course #3.
- Taught by veteran teacher and author, Vera Clark
- This is the best way to lay a strong foundation in reading, building new reading skills step by step.
- Sample sentence from Lesson 80: “Elijah, what answer did you choose for number fifteen on that hard English test that we took this morning?”
- These 5 courses will completely teach someone how to read fluently to a sixth grade level. In this fourth course you will learn:
- (For beginners, start with Course #1, which will prepare you for Course #2, then Course #3. Use with children, teens and adults.)
- 1. To read sentences containing vowel diphthongs, silent ‘e’ and many vowel and consonant combinations.
- A desire to read, or become a more confident reader, and completion of Course #3.
- Access to this course.
- Daily practice.
- Print out the ABC flash cards and the next 20 reading lessons.
This course is the fourth of five, and includes Lessons 61-80 of the Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program (100 lessons in all).
Ready, Set, Read, taught on video by teacher and author, Vera Clark, teaches a person how to read fluently, using the phonics-based, Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program. Beginning with learning the sounds of the letters, then learning to blend letters to make words, I then teach 100 reading lessons leading to fluent reading at a 6th grade level. (Each lesson is about 10 min.)
This Course (#4) begins with Lesson 61 and the twenty new lessons will teach words containing silent ‘e’ and many vowel and consonant combinations and patterns.
There are five courses, each containing 20 reading lessons on video. This course is appropriate for all ages, young to old, and all levels of beginning readers, if they are alert and able to focus attention. All ages enjoy the adorable dog, Buddy, who points to the words being read, as well as the pleasant music.
In Course #1 students print the following:
*Success Chart — your "log" to chart student's progress. This chart motivates the student. Parents or tutors may offer an incentive to the student for reaching certain goals.
*Flash cards for learning the sounds of the letters.
*Print the List of ABC sounds and pictures (which contains the same info as the flash cards, but in list form).
*Print the Lesson Index, which lists the skills being taught in each lesson.
*Print the Reading Lessons (1-20), for student practice and independent reading.
In Course #4 students print the following:
*Print the Reading Lessons (61-80), for student practice and independent reading.
Finally, you have an easy, fun way to learn to read, with short lessons, which motivates your student to learn! Let Vera Clark teach your student to be a confident reader with Ready, Set, Read!
Who this course is for:
- This course if perfect for readers who want to become better. Beginners should begin with Course #1, and complete Courses #2 and #3 before coming to this course.
Vera Clark, author of: Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program & Ready, Set, Read: Spelling Program, earned her Masters Degree in Education, with emphasis in Special Education, from Cal Poly University in Pomona, California. Her undergraduate degree in Psychology, is from Vanguard University of Southern California. Ms. Clark has been teaching in general ed and special ed classrooms for 30 years, in private and public schools.
Vera Clark loves teaching children and adults to read, which led to her creating the phonics-based, Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program. She has simplified this reading process into easy steps. After adults who were non-readers asked for her help, as well as parents who did not have the time, nor confidence to teach their children, Vera realized there was a need to put all of these lessons on video.
This program begins with learning the names and sounds of letters, then blending sounds into words, followed by 100 lessons that will take the learner to sixth grade level reading fluency. Let Vera Clark do the teaching for you. Printable lessons are included along with video lessons, for the purpose of practice and review, however, the script will be shown online. Each lesson is 10 minutes or less, except Lesson 1, which is 17 min.