I Will Teach You to Read! - Course #1 (of 5)
What you'll learn
- Great for beginners and for those who struggle with reading; use with young children, teens and adults.
- 3. After Lesson 20, your student will be able to read at this level: "Who will pack up the hen’s eggs to sell to Mr. Peck?"
- Taught by master teacher and author, Vera Clark. (Includes everything you need to learn to read!)
- 4. Completely be able to read 20 reading lessons, where we begin with short ‘a’ words, and progress to reading full sentences.
- *These 5 courses will completely teach someone how to read fluently to about a sixth grade level. In this first course you will learn:
- 5. Read full sentences with words containing all of the short vowels, including words with “ck” and words with double consonants, such as “ss,” “nn”.
- 1. Names and sounds of all letters in the alphabet
- 6. Students will become confident, capable readers, and enjoy the process!
- 2. How to blend sounds into words
- You can print out the ABC flash cards and the 20 reading lessons. In five courses, I will teach you how to read fluently at a sixth grade level.
- A desire to learn to read, or become a more confident reader.
- Access to this course.
- Daily practice.
- Print out the ABC flash cards and the 20 reading lessons.
This course is the first of five, and includes Lessons 1-20 of the Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program (100 lessons in all).
Ready, Set, Read, taught on video by teacher and author, Vera Clark, teaches a person how to read fluently, using the phonics-based, Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program. Beginning with learning the sounds of the letters, then learning to blend letters to make words, I then teach 100 reading lessons leading to fluent reading at a 6th grade level approximately. (Each lesson is about 10 min., but Lesson 1 is 17 min.)
Lesson 1 starts out with 3 letter words with 'an' plus four simple sight words in a vocabulary box, then uses them in short sentences. By Lesson 20, the student will be reading fluently sentences containing any of the 5 short vowels, double consonants and "ck." The plan is to slowly build reading skills with each lesson, until complete reading fluency is mastered at approximately a 6th grade level by Lesson 100. Each lesson is two pages long, shown on screen as well as attached as a resource for printing. A student should continue practicing each lesson with me until they can read it well by themselves, then they progress to the next lesson. Students should not progress to next lesson until they have fully mastered the one they are on.
There are five courses, each containing 20 reading lessons on video. This course is appropriate for young children, as young as 3, if they are alert and able to focus attention, as well as for adults. All ages enjoy the adorable dog, Buddy, who points to the words being read, as well as the pleasant music.
I Will Teach You To Read! - Course #1 print the following:
*Success Chart — your "log" to chart student's progress. This chart motivates the student. Parents or tutors may offer an incentive to the student for reaching certain goals.
*Flash cards for learning the sounds of the letters.
*Print the List of ABC sounds and pictures (which contains the same info as the flash cards, but in list form).
*Print the Lesson Index, which lists the skills being taught in each lesson.
*Print the Reading Lessons, for student practice and independent reading.
Finally, you have an easy, fun way to learn to read, with short lessons, which motivates your student to learn! Let Vera Clark teach your student to be a confident reader with Ready, Set, Read!
Who this course is for:
- Appropriate for children and adults.
- Ideal for beginners, as well as people who want to improve their reading.
- Lessons are approximately 10 minutes. Short lessons help keep students interested and motivated. If a person can read, but not proficiently, then I recommend they start at the beginning, and lay a solid foundation for future success with confidence. (Lesson 1 is 17 min.)
Vera Clark, author of: Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program & Ready, Set, Read: Spelling Program, earned her Masters Degree in Education, with emphasis in Special Education, from Cal Poly University in Pomona, California. Her undergraduate degree in Psychology, is from Vanguard University of Southern California. Ms. Clark has been teaching in general ed and special ed classrooms for 30 years, in private and public schools.
Vera Clark loves teaching children and adults to read, which led to her creating the phonics-based, Ready, Set, Read: Reading Program. She has simplified this reading process into easy steps. After adults who were non-readers asked for her help, as well as parents who did not have the time, nor confidence to teach their children, Vera realized there was a need to put all of these lessons on video.
This program begins with learning the names and sounds of letters, then blending sounds into words, followed by 100 lessons that will take the learner to sixth grade level reading fluency. Let Vera Clark do the teaching for you. Printable lessons are included along with video lessons, for the purpose of practice and review, however, the script will be shown online. Each lesson is 10 minutes or less, except Lesson 1, which is 17 min.