I want to connect my Xamarin Forms app to REST API
What you'll learn
- Develop mobile app prototype
- Understand how REST web services works with mobile apps
- Implement CRUD operations' calls with user interface
- Be familiar with C#
- Visual Studio 2017
Most business and consumer mobile apps connects to a backend to store data. As a developer, you need to understand how to implement such a system. HTTP Requests, REST API, JSON, CRUD, DataBinding and HTTPClient are the technology concepts used for the communication between a mobile application and a web service. This course explains these technologies in a simple way by showing their practical side. The objective is that the learner will be able to build his first native cross platform mobile app (iOS & Android) that communicates with a backend, in less than half a day!
As a good preparation for professional development, this course uses the same tools used by professional developers: Visual Studio, Postman, ASP.NET Core, Xamarin Forms and Azure App Service.
- What we will be developing
- Creating a REST API using ASP.NET Core
- Adding the Todo model and its Controller
- Testing the web service using Postman
- Publishing the web service to Microsoft Azure
- Creating the Xamarin Forms project
- Implementing a static ListView
- Applying MVVM design pattern to our app
- Adding DataService to call web services
- Implementing HTTP GET request
- Implementing HTTP POST request
- Creating a UI for sending Todo items
- Adding a new ViewModel
- Implementing HTTP PUT request
- Creating a UI for updating Todo items
- Implementing HTTP DELETE request
- Creating a UI for removing Todo items
- Refreshing Todo ListView using a Button
- Refreshing Todo ListView with PullToRefresh
- Enhancing the UI design
Who this course is for:
- Beginner mobile developers and students who want to start their first native cross platform app on iOS and Android.
Houssem Dellai is a Customer Engineer at Microsoft. Before that, he was nominated Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 5 years in a row. You might saw his work without you had even noticed ! If you were looking for content on Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, Terraform, Xamarin, ASP.NET or Azure, chances are so high that you have passed through his Youtube channel or his blog posts on Microsoft Blog, Medium and CodeProject.
He is also a conference speaker and professional certified trainer (MCT) who have trained thousands of students and professional developers. So, he knows where people stuck to learn new technologies. He is the one who can simplify the complicated concepts for beginners.