Help - I need a job.
- Tired of RUBBISH CAREER advice. Use the TARGETED strategy to find the job of your dreams.
- You will ideally need access to Microsoft Excel, alternatively Google Sheets will work
Tired of rubbish, out of date and not practical career advice, so was Sam. He felt like he was shooting an arrow blindly into the night and hoping to hit something. The TARGETED approach focuses you on aiming precisely at the right target, while you are unlikely to hit the bulls-eye on your first go, you are likely to at least hit the target and get closer. The approach is designed for someone starting out in their career, but would be more generally applicable to someone looking for a career change of direction.
Do people really think the below advice is useful?
“Find your passion” – Very few 30 or 40 year olds know this. Let alone someone in their 20s. After all your passion can change. Your passion can follow rather than lead your career. If you are certain of your passion…then we are surprised, you are here.
“Do what you enjoy, what are your interests?” – Better, but there is a reason they pay you.
“Do this and you will have a job for life and be secure?” – Besides being boring, we’re calling B.S., little is secure these days, even if the career is safe now, the company may not be, your method may become antiquated.
“This is where the money is” – As above and there is a reason they pay you a lot, higher risk, more work, more competition. Also money never leads, it only follows. Provide value and money will follow you.
Is it worth spending the time and money? You spend approximately 80,000 working in your life. It is definitely worth spending some money and a couple of hours developing a strategy and doing the exercises. Too many people "fall" into a career and have to take big steps to change the direction.
Who this course is for:
- Recent Graduate entering the workforce or perhaps someone changing their career
- 08:16Meet Sam - Finding your Why (Skip ahead if you watched the promo)
- 03:48Step 1 - Debunking the myths
- 00:10Step 1 - Actions
- 04:03Step 2 - TARGETED Personal Profile
- 00:06Step 2 - Actions
- 02:09Step 3 - TARGETED Job Profile
- 00:05Step 3 - Actions
- 07:22Step 4 - Preparing to fire at the TARGET
- 00:07Step 4 - Actions
- 02:20Step 5 - Firing at the TARGET
- 00:04Step 5 - Actions
- 15:44Free Additional Bonus - Commuting Transport Etiquette (London)
After a period of self discovery & transformation in his early 30s exploring topics from Financial Planning to Meditation, Dave asked himself why he only discovered some of the key critical ideas that lead to a happier, more purposeful, less stressful life.
Why wasn’t this taught earlier? He had given away his time in his 20s cheaply.
So he became an evangelist for personal development and through Udemy has developed a simpler, less intimidating way to get key messages across.