Hypnotherapy CPD: Change a Habit, Phobia or Compulsion
What you'll learn
- You'll learn how to ask effective questions to assess the client's readiness to change, and their appropriateness for a one session approach.
- You'll gain more confidence and improve your skills in conducting an effective and concise initial assessment.
- You'll be guided through a number of very effective NLP techniques which dovetail very well with hypnosis.
- You'll learn how to seamlessly integrate these techniques to make them flow from one to the next.
- You'll learn how to be more effective and improve your results, when working with specific habits, phobias and compulsions
- You'll learn how to use NLP reframes, anchoring, collapsed anchors, and building new resource states .
- The majority of this training programme is delivered on video lectures. There are exercises, protocols and scripts accompanying the video lectures
This course is designed for qualified hypnotherapists and NLP practitioners who are interested in learning how to improve their skills to be more effective when working with a client presenting with a specific habit, phobia or compulsion.
The course will take you from the very first contact over the phone, right through to the end of the first session. You will learn how to ask effective questions, and make a thorough, but concise, assessment to ensure the client is ready and motivated to make the changes during the session.
The programme shows you how to integrate and implement a number of very effective interventions that are used regularly in my practice, that reliably achieve fast and effective results for clients. These techniques are very easy to learn and execute with clients and seamlessly flow from one to the next.
The session functions as a mini breakthrough session where several interventions are used in succession to collapse the negative resource states associated with the problem. Not all interventions shown here will necessarily be appropriate and clinical judgement will be required to assess the most appropriate ones.
We'll be integrating NLP reframes, anchoring resource states, collapsing unresourceful states, finding and implementing new behaviours, conducting ecology checks, and ensuring effective assessment of the client's commitment to change.
Who this course is for:
- This course is primarily aimed at qualified hypnotherapists and NLP practitioners who are interested in learning more fast and effective advanced and embedded techniques to use with clients.
- You don’t have to be a registered practitioner to do the course, and anyone from beginner to advanced will benefit from it.
- You do need to be a great rapport builder. We’ll be doing some fast and effective assessments with clients before and during this session so you need to be able to develop rapport very very quickly with clients.
- You also need to be efficient at asking effective questions. Asking the right kinds of questions and getting the best from your client will be important to do fast change-work with your client.
Karen started her career self-employed as a hypnotherapist & coach in 2006 after working as a graduate psychologist and training in clinical hypnotherapy & NLP.
After running a successful full-time hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and coaching practice for 2 years and gaining her MSc in Health Psychology, she co-founded the Academy of Advanced Changework, hypnotherapy, & NLP training school with Dr Paul Peace, in 2008.
In 2012, Karen & Paul relocated their UK based businesses to Australia where they provide professional association approved clinical hypnotherapy & NLP diploma courses, advanced hypnotherapy training and other live and online CPD's for qualified practitioners, Fast Track diploma training for qualified mental health professionals, and clinical supervision.