Growing Hydroponic Lettuce
What you'll learn
- Grow delicious lettuce right in your home
- Understand the basic needs of lettuce and how to meet them hydroponically
- Troubleshoot common problems that occur when growing hydroponic lettuce
- Understand the growing process from seeding to harvest
- A hydroponic system is needed to grow lettuce. This course does not show how to build a hydroponic system. See our other course on how to do that.
Tired of lettuce recalls, stale lettuce, expensive lettuce, hard-to-grow lettuce? Consider hydroponics! Hydroponics is a great way to grow lettuce simply and efficiently. Lettuce grows really well with hydroponics since it allows you to more easily control factors such as temperature, pests, water and nutrients and allows for steady, year-round production. Give hydroponics a try!
In this course, we take the guesswork out of growing hydroponic lettuce in your home or greenhouse! We'll go through how to meet all of the growing needs of lettuce hydroponically. We'll cover the specifics of nutrients, lighting, pH, and how to manage these things in a simple and effective way. We'll share our favorite lettuce varieties that work best in hydroponic growing settings, and give a thorough troubleshooting guide for dealing with common problems gardeners may face in their hydroponics journey such as tipburn, bolting, root rot, pests, and more. We are all about simple, and we desire to make growing hydroponic lettuce something that is attainable for you!
Note: This course does not go into detail on how to build and set up a hydroponic system - for a detailed guide on building a hydroponic system, check out our other course "Build Your Own Home Hydroponic Farm".
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to improve their ability to grow their own hydroponic produce year-round in a simple and effective way.
Hello! I enjoy growing hydroponic produce as simply as possible and teaching others to do the same. We've spent several years (and lots of prototypes) designing a system that is easy to maintain and super productive. I'd love to help you set up a system and grow food right in your home!